Licensed Professional Counselor
University of Texas at Tyler
Licensed Professional Counselor – Lake Street Clinic (23000754)
Job Type(Full or Part-time):Full Time Benefits Eligibility :Full Benefits
Detailed Shift Information. :Days, M-F
JOB SUMMARY: The LPC provides services to chronically mentally ill patients in order to help patients achieve the goals and objectives of their treatment plan whereby inpatient care is no longer needed. The LPC provides psychological evaluations, diagnosing and counseling patients, community health referrals, abuse and trauma assessments and referrals, conduct patient and family support/education groups, and collaborate with physicians and other disciplines to promote patient compliance with medical treatment. Health care services are coordinated on behalf of the patient and extend beyond the hospital walls in assisting the patient/family with plans to meet patient health needs at discharge and promote care delivery in the appropriate level of care. This position works closely with interdisciplinary team to identify and coordinate services. Thus, this process requires the LPC to have direct contact with the patient, the patient’s family or legal guardian to ensure care coordination.
MAJOR DUTIES / CRITICAL TASKS:
- Manages the caseload of chronically mentally ill patients through ongoing assessment of individualized needs.
- Completes competency reports for court for patients in conjunction with the patient’s recovery team recommendation.
- Provides interdisciplinary treatment planning for patients assigned. Provides discharge planning and follow-up for patients assigned.
- Provides group psychotherapy and/care case management sessions on an as needed basis with a minimum of three times per week.
- Maintains confidentiality of records relating to patient’s treatment
- Plans psychological activities and programs.
- Administers and interprets psychological tests and conducts psychological assessments and diagnoses.
- Conducts behavior analyses, and designs and monitors behavior modification and skill acquisition plans.
- Designs and conducts program evaluations studies.
- Facilities and documents weekly individual interactions and interventions in order to aid the chronically mentally ill patient in understand their psychiatric treatment needs in preparation for the community.
- Reviews psychological reports for completeness and accuracy.
- Provides individual or group counseling for all age ranges.
- Fulfills clinical documentation requirements in order to accurately evaluate the patient’s progress in treatment, ongoing patient and family educational needs and discharge/aftercare needs.
- Assures that family contracts are established and maintained for each patient (giving consent) in a courteous, professional manner in order to ensure continuity of care and provide family education.
- Attends and participates in scheduled treatment team meetings in order to provide information, family and continuity of care input into the patient’s treatment planning progress.
- Services as a mentor to less experienced LPCs in order to help patients receive the highest possible level of services.
- Serves as primary case manager for patients: Coordinates the interdisciplinary assessment process and develops a psychosocial summary within 3 days of admission.
- Assists with coordination of admissions, discharges, and furloughs.
- May supervise the work of others.
- Others duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or Psychology.
- Maintain current State of Texas licensure with scope of practice that encompasses group, individual/family therapy.
- Three years of health care experience.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Maintain current AHA Heartsaver CPR certification.
- Physical ability to perform SAMA
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler is committed to encouraging good health. As part of its efforts to achieve these goals of a tobacco-free hiring process, if you are offered a position at The University , you will be subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Screen for tobacco compounds in compliance with applicable state laws.
: 001-University of Texas Health Science Center-Tyler
: Nov 6, 2023, 4:33:44 PM
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.