Lecturer/Senior Lecturer – Business Information Systems
Job Reference: 1136649
School of Management and Marketing
The School of Management and Marketing (SoMM) develops globally-minded, career-capable graduates, advancing responsible, evidence-based business through innovation in education, research and engagement. Located in the Bentley campus of Curtin University, we have close collaborations with each of Curtin’s global campuses in the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Mauritius and Malaysia.
With a clear focus on learner employability, SoMM has a broad range of undergraduate and postgraduate offerings in International Business, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Strategy, Tourism Hospitality and Events, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Human Resources Management and Business Information Systems. We are also home to leading research entities including the Future of Work Institute, the John Curtin Institute of Public Policy, the Tourism Research Cluster, the Consumer Research Lab, the Blockchain Research and Development Lab and the National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education (NCSEHE).
Our links with leading industry groups offer students and staff a range of work experiences and research opportunities including internships, Executive Education, Academic Study Programmes and business consultancies.
SoMM is closely connected with other Schools at Curtin with extensive opportunities for research and teaching collaboration in fields such as sustainability, corporate social responsibility, energy, entrepreneurship, mining and engineering and health service provision.
Business Information Systems (BIS)
SoMM’s BIS Discipline, located within the Faculty of Business and Law, has a strong emphasis on the impact of technology in the rapidly evolving business landscape. BIS researchers and teachers examine the management and strategic application of Information Systems in contemporary areas such as Information Security, AI, Business Analysis and Analytics.
Your new role
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching, research and engagement in business information systems and related disciplines. They will be expected to undertake undergraduate and graduate teaching. As a Mid-Career Academic, they will also be provided with opportunities for Higher Degree by Research supervision, leadership and professional development. They will also be encouraged to work closely with industry partners in both teaching and research.
- Design and deliver high-quality courses in business information systems and related disciplines.
- Develop course materials and assessment tasks that meet the needs of students and are aligned with the learning objectives of the respective programs.
- Deliver high-quality undergraduate and postgraduate teaching.
- Provide academic guidance and support to students, including advising on career pathways and postgraduate study options.
- Maintain an active research program, with a focus on publishing high-quality research in top-tier academic journals or other scholarly outlets.
- Secure external funding to support research activities.
- Identify opportunities for demand-driven research and engage with industry partners, policymakers, and other stakeholders to understand their research needs.
As this is a continuing (permanent) role, you will require permanent work rights in Australia.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Associate Professor Nik Thompson, Discipline Lead of BIS at [email protected]
Curtin University is one of the world’s top 200 universities in the 2023 QS World University Rankings. We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a collegial and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements and superannuation, flexible working arrangements, and salary packaging. Just a short drive from Perth city centre, our vibrant campus includes an art gallery, gym, childcare and medical centre, and endless food options.
Western Australia and Perth have a broad range of entertainment opportunities for families and individuals with year-round cultural and sporting events. A family-friendly living environment with excellent transport facilities and little traffic congestion, residents and visitors can enjoy beautiful beaches, vibrant hills communities and world-class education for children. Perth International Airport has regular flights to major cities throughout Asia, e.g. Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia.
For more information about our university, please visit www.curtin.edu.au
Please provide a cover letter, your CV and a separate document addressing the selection criteria (noted below) to allow us to assess your suitability for this role.
- A doctoral qualification in Business Information Systems or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and to develop innovative and high-quality course materials.
- A strong track record of achievement in and commitment to excellence in delivering learning experiences across multiple modes and platforms.
- A strong track record of high-quality research outputs commensurate with a mid-career academic e.g., journal publications, conference papers, securing grant funding, balancing demand and researcher-driven scholarship.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures, and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders from diverse community/industry backgrounds.
- Willingness to take on leadership roles in teaching and/or research.
Friday 8th of December 2023
Applicants should note that prior to appointment, you will need to have a current National Police Records check, undergo character, integrity, and reference checks.
If you have any queries in relation to this application process, please contact our careers team on 08 9266 9000 (option 3,1) or via email at [email protected].
Please note we are not accepting applications from recruitment agencies at this time.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.