Junior Officer Agri Purchases
Jr. Officer Agri. Purchases
REPORTS TO: Deputy Manager Agri Purchases
DIRECT REPORTS: Nil
WORKPLACE TYPE: On-site
Ingredion is a global Fortune 500 provider of ingredient solutions that touch millions of lives, every day. With over 19,000 customers in 120 countries, we create solutions that help nourish, comfort, and delight people all over the world. We are proud to source our strength from nature. That’s why we’re growing sustainably, with an industry-leading product portfolio that includes plant-based proteins, sugar alternatives and clean and simple ingredients that deliver on changing consumer needs while protecting our planet. Although we are best known for our food ingredients, we are much more than a food business. We co-create bespoke solutions with our customers; from cosmetics and beauty, to paper and textiles, to pharmaceuticals, driven by relentless curiosity. We make it our business to anticipate industry trends, and to bring together the potential of people, nature and technology to make life better.
Rafhan Maize is an affiliate of Ingredion Incorporated in Pakistan. Our strategy is a unique blend of volume growth and operational excellence. We are pursuing tri dimensional strategy to grow organically, geographically and by broadening ingredients portfolio. If you are inspired by professional challenges and the rewards that come from a high level of performance, then Ingredion (Rafhan Maize) is the company for you. At Ingredion (Rafhan Maize) you can be a member of a globally connected team inspired to achieve great things.
We don’t just make ingredients. We create possibilities. Be What’s Next® with us.
The Jr. Officer Agri. Purchases is responsible for the Efficient procurement of good quality raw materials for Rafhan at a competitive price. They will also be responsible to coordinate with receiving departments for successful handling of corn. Conduct crop surveys and supervise maize buying agents’ activities.
Process Implementation as per SOPs:
- Procurement of corn produce from grain markets by ensuring that daily maize purchase prices used by the commission agents are within the authorized limits of the company.
- Identify competitive sources for corn procurement and arrange registration as per SOP
- Conduct crop surveys of spring and autumn seasons for strategic buying planning.
- Collect seed sale figures from seed companies to have a correct idea of the crop.
- Collect crop estimation from Maize Buying agents after field visits.
- To conduct an audit of maize-buying agents at the end of each season.
Collaboration & Documentation:
- Maintain communication on a daily basis with HOD regarding market dynamics, logistic situations, and other relevant market news that will impact corn costs.
- Share market intelligence with HOD on a regular basis.
- Collect quotations from transporters and prepare of Comparative statement.
- Follow up with respective suppliers for timely Dispatch of Corn
- Coordinate with other departments for settlement of any technical disputes over approval of GRS / any other issues
- To keep watch on competitors’ activities in grain markets and report to HOD.
- Supervision of maize buying agents’ activities.
- To supervise the timely disbursement of payments sent by the company to the vendors/parties from whom maize is purchased.
- To facilitate smooth dispatch of maize purchased by the agents on approved freight rates.
- Continuous watch on weight to achieve the CI goal.
- To check and supervise filling, sewing, and weight of purchased maize by commission agents.
Adherence to the Company’s Values:
- Care First: Always take care of safety requirements while working all around,
- Conduct safety awareness sessions in grain markets to develop safety culture.
- Every-one belongs: Participate in all assignments, tasks, occasions, and purchases as per need.
- Owner’s Mindset: Apply ownership mindset in procurement of all items, services, and activity.
- Innovate Boldly: Appropriately plan his working, market visits, categorization of items, coordinate with seniors for help, share ideas to perform job in an excellent / innovative style.
- Be Preferred: Always work with preferred vendors, registered appropriately, educate them on company’s code of conduct keeping our integrity levels high.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelors in Agriculture / Masters in Business Administration.
- Work experience two years relating to Agri Business
- English fluency, both written and spoken
- Working knowledge of MS Office is desirable.
- Agri business, cropping agronomy, and Grain market knowledge is desirable.
Required behaviors and skills:
- Good Communication
- Frequent Traveler
- Adaptable to extreme weather condition
Yes, Within Country
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.