IT Security Analyst
Technical Services grade 5 from £27979 to £32982 per annum. Subject to annual pay award.
Full time, open ended
Come and join IT Services at a UK top 10 university. We are at the forefront of supporting the digital campus, protecting and securing our IT systems, and developing strategies to take us forward in a rapidly evolving world. Whatever stage you are at in your career Loughborough University provides a vibrant, dynamic experience. The atmosphere on campus is friendly and relaxed and offers fantastic facilities for staff to use.
About the role:
We are looking for an IT Security Analyst whose primary focus will be SOC operations. This hands-on role will be responsible for supporting key day-to-day operations in our new Security/Networks Operations Centre initiative. This role is varied to support your continuous development and will include security/networks alert investigations, vulnerability scanning and reporting, undertaking support tasks and engaging with third parties.
To be able to undertake this role you will:
- have an interest and enthusiasm for IT, networking, and IT Security.
- have an understanding of how IT systems and networks can be attacked, and the technologies and techniques used to defend and secure large enterprise environments.
- have an understanding of vulnerability scanning and SIEM solutions.
- have the aptitude to go “threat hunting” for compromises, vulnerabilities and misconfigurations which may be present on the University network.
- be ready to engage with new systems and services and want to develop your professional skills
About your team:
As part of the IT Security Team, you will be joining 4 other IT Security professional. The responsibility of the team spans across the whole University and ranges from providing expert advice to the wider IT Services department on securing the University’s data and critical infrastructure, leading on University wide IT security initiatives and providing strategic advice on existing and emerging IT security threats.
As a member of IT Services, you can expect:
- support in developing your career, allowing you to progress towards your goals in a friendly environment
- mentoring and development opportunities including exposure to a wide breadth of technologies
- to work closely with all of our partners from across the University to support digital transformation and deliver outstanding levels of service that are recognised as the best in the country by our students in the National Student Survey
- a supportive dynamic working policy with flexible home/hybrid working where possible
- a superb 440-acre green site in the heart of Leicestershire with first-rate facilities, plenty of open space, gardens, and sports areas
- a great salary and benefits package, generous holiday allowance and pension scheme
There is a sense of pride across campus; employees are proud to be part of our continuous success and are an essential part of achieving all that we do. It’s not just students that arrive at Loughborough for the first day of their future – we want our staff to feel the same too.
Diversity of experience, thought and perspective enriches our university and the lives of its community. It is crucial to our ongoing development as an international institution. We strive to create a culture that supports equality and celebrates diversity throughout the campus, and we are actively seeking to make our team more diverse.
Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Whatever area of IT you work in, if you’re looking to make things happen then we’re looking for you.
For the full job description and person specification please see here .
Informal chats about the role are welcomed, please contact the Niraj Kacha, IT Security Team Manager, [email protected]
Application closing date: 3 November 2023
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this posting.