Intern, 6G Research Engineer –PHY system/Channel coding
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
Advancing the World’s Technology Together
Our technology solutions power the tools you use every day–including smartphones, electric vehicles, hyperscale data centers, IoT devices, and so much more. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of a global leader whose innovative designs are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and powering the future.
We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re dedicated to empowering people to be their true selves. Together, we’re building a better tomorrow for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
What You’ll Learn
Research on 6G PHY system design and/or channel code design
Skills You’ll Learn:
- Understanding on physical layer system, receiver algorithms such as iterative baseband processing, and/or channel coding.
- Design of baseband receiver algorithms and/or channel coding algorithms for cellular modems.
What You’ll Do
- Conducting research for 6G wireless systems with focus on physical layer system, receiver algorithms such as iterative baseband processing, and/or channel coding towards academic publications and standardization/intellectual property.
- Designing baseband receiver algorithms and/or channel coding algorithms for cellular modems, using classical and deep-learning based techniques.
Publish research results on reputable conferences and journals
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
Location: Hybrid, working onsite at our San Diego, CA office 3 days per week with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time
What You Bring
- Strong background in communication theory, signal processing, channel coding theory
- PhD preferred
- Python/C++/MATLAB coding skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
What We Offer
The pay range below is for all roles at this level across all US locations and functions. Individual pay rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location, as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education, and training.
This is in addition to our diverse package of benefits centered around the wellbeing of our employees and their loved ones. In addition to the usual Medical/Dental/Vision, our inclusive rewards plan empowers our people to care for their whole selves. An investment in your future is an investment in ours.
Relocation Support Live 50+ miles away from your new office? No worries! We’ll provide a stipend to help support your move.
Housing Stipend Signing a lease on a new place for your summer internship? We’ll help you pay your way with a monthly stipend.
Give Back With a charitable giving match and frequent opportunities to get involved, we take an active role in supporting the community.
Prioritize Emotional Wellness With on-demand apps and paid therapy sessions, you’ll have support no matter where you are.
Stay Fit Eating well and being active are important parts of a healthy life. Our onsite Café and gym, plus virtual classes, make it easier.
Embrace Flexibility Benefits are best when you have the space to use them. That’s why we facilitate a flexible environment so you can find the right balance for you.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Samsung Semiconductor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.
To help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, we’ve developed guidelines for our teams. Currently, we encourage vaccination for all employees, and may require it depending on job functions (e.g., traveling for business, meeting with customers). While visiting our offices or attending team events, we ask employees to complete a daily health questionnaire and complete a weekly COVID test. Our COVID policies are subject to change depending on public health, regulatory and business circumstances.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this posting.