NRC IRAQ is committed to:
- Equal employment opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Localisation of workforce
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the ICT officer position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of ICT (Information, Communication and Technology) functions responsibilities through providing technical support to all NRC staff, helping develop and implement ICT standards and policies, and providing technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization. The ICT Officer will help in the implementation of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support NRC operations.
What you will do
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Provide basic assistance, information and/or training to staff on department’s policies and procedures.
- Deliver timely and high quality ICT hardware, software, and services to the country programme.
- Maintain internet and network connectivity in NRC’s Iraq office.
- Ensure that all NRC systems are fully compliant with Information Security requirements and data privacy standards.
- Test new equipment and applications and provide thorough feedback.
- Actively promote PSEA (Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC
Specifically, you will;
- Do regular visits and check up to IT equipment to Iraq offices.
- Conduct awareness and training session to new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Perform routine support tasks including, but not limited to: resolving windows problems, formatting, outlook setup, applications access, cabling, connectingtroubleshooting printers and peripheral devices etc.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair wired and wireless networks infrastructure.
- Ensure that computer network and other office technology access privileges, application requirement configured and maintained.
- Raise purchase requests for ICT assets and provide procurement assistance to users by recommending specifications for software and hardware in line with Iraq ICT procedures.
- Assist in any other ICT related tasks across NRC Iraq as requested by the line manager.
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English and Arabic. Kurdish is an advantage.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communication with impact and respect
- Coping with change
What We Offer
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
Contract Duration: until 31 December, 2023 (our contract renewal cycle runs from January to December)
Duty Station: Erbil- Iraq with 20% (to different field locations in Iraq)
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G5/S1, according to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, For more information please read the JD ICT Officer Iraq Erbil.docx