About the role
Supporting the CDO Director in assessing the commercial value of opportunities and applying robust measures to quality assure proposals.
Management of CDO team members as allocated.
Improve bid win rate by providing high quality commercial support throughout the business winning cycle; forge strong trust-based relationships with multiple stakeholders, both within CA and external stakeholders; Improve commercial awareness across the business
Improve bid win rate
· Ensure appropriate opportunity qualification
· Maintain oversight of the commercial strategy of key opportunities to maximise the balance between commercial returns and market competitiveness.
· Prepare accurate proposal costings including P&L and cash flow.
· Propose effective Pricing strategies including Whole Life Cost, Fee Rates, Payments by results etc.
· Provide commercial risk assessments and risk management strategies.
· Lead the commercial review component of Silver (interim) and Gold (Final) bid reviews.
· Ensure proposal compliance.
· Develop negotiation strategies.
· Work with others across the business to develop meaningful relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, at all levels to drive excellence in quality Proposal submissions.
· Contextualise revenue, margin and cash flow and their associated risks.
· Negotiate with partners to improve both the win rate of consortium bids and the profitability and risk profiles.
· Support the technical leads in their approach to identifying and developing commercially beneficial partnerships.
· Develop and deliver commercial awareness training for CA colleagues.
· Coach the CDO and the wider business in bid pricing strategy and processes.
· Further improve existing core business winning processes and systems including: MS Dynamics CRM, CA costing and pricing model, Business Winning Process Framework.
· Develop proposal content including commercial rationale, benchmarking and VFM methodology, pricing strategy.
· Management of CDO staff members as allocated.
· Deputise for the CDO Director as required.
• Ability to appraise complex business opportunities, develop pricing strategies and financial models
• Collaborative and experienced team management
• Business Development
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
• Strong time management and prioritisation skills with excellent attention to detail
• Strong written English language skills, advanced Microsoft Excel user
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
Crown Agents is committed to diversity and will promote diversity for all candidates at all times as well as a business culture that reflects that belief. Crown Agents will treat everyone equally irrespective of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation, and places an obligation upon all staff to respect and act in accordance with the policy. Crown Agents shall not discriminate unlawfully when deciding which candidates are selected for interview, or in any terms of employment, and will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the role. Crown Agents is committed to being an organisation enhanced by diversity and encourages applications from anyone who shares our values and commitment to improving the lives of communities affected by poverty or conflict.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents Offers a Competitive Package
How to apply
Please click on the link below that will take you to the Crown Agents Careers page and apply via this route