Government & Regulatory Affairs Intern
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
To join one of our 12-month Internships you will be:
- Currently be studying at university and applying for a Placement year in your 2nd or final year or graduating in Summer 2024
- Looking for work experience after completing A-Levels or equivalent course or an Apprenticeship
- Eligible to work in the UK without restriction for the duration of the internship from Monday 1st July 2024- Friday 18th July 2025
- We strongly advise that you do not apply to more than 1 Internship role to ensure that you are considered for the Internship that you are most interested in and that your skills are aligned to
What will I be doing?
- Monitoring political and legislative developments in the UK relating to the film and TV industry
- Tracking political and policy developments beyond the UK (in the EU and rest of world as necessary)
- Drafting and editing position papers, letters to Government, consultation responses, presentations
- Identifying opportunities to influence public policy matters relating to the company and its sector
- Liaising with internal colleagues, the public policy team at Sky and other industry participants
- Representing the company in public meetings/discussions (under supervision)
What will I learn from this opportunity?
- Detailed understanding of the work of a Government Relations/Public Policy team
- Familiarity with a growing commercial sector (creative industries) at an exciting time in its policy development
- Experience of drafting submissions, letters, policy papers and presentations to be used in advocacy to Government and Parliament
- Structures of government and regulation elsewhere in the world and the impact of geo-political trends on their development
What do I need to bring to the role?
- Interest in and knowledge of UK Government/Parliament structures and international relations
- Interest in the creative industries (film/TV, music, etc)
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Confident presentation skills
- Curiosity to get involved in diverse range of policy areas
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
Please be sure to indicate you saw this position on jobs-near-me.eu
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.