Financial Business Partner
Arizona State University
Financial Business Partner
Are you intellectually curious? Are you invigorated by thinking outside the box and problem solving? Do you enjoy financial analysis and working with data, but not just limited to financial data?
At University Business Services (UBS), our mission is to drive and support operations that enable ASU faculty and staff to ensure students succeed in their lifelong learning plans. The UBS Finance Team, which provides critical decision support to key UBS stakeholders, is seeking a highly skilled, innovative, self-motivated individual to serve as financial business partner to UBS stakeholders, performing detailed financial, cost, and data analyses.
With a primary focus on serving as the Parking and Transit Services (PTS) financial business partner, some of your primary responsibilities will include P&L management, budgeting and forecasting, decision support analysis, and ensuring proper accounting controls. Your role will also be critical in solving complex technical problems in areas where no precedent exists. This position reports to Assistant Director of Financial Planning.
Finance & Accounting
UBS Applications & Planning
EVP BUSINESS & FINANCE
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$75,000 – $90,000 per year; DOE
What the role entails:
Partnering with UBS Stakeholders
- Provides financial advice to UBS departments and leadership requesting assistance in solving complex problems or completing special projects.
- On a monthly cadence, meets with departments leadership/business partners to review financial health of the unit and discuss operational circumstances that may have financial impact.
- Challenges status quo to improve P&L efficiency.
- Collaborates with UBS departments and Analytics team to develop metrics to measure success of financial operations, identify process gaps, and provides metrics/reports to department.
- Utilizes metrics to identify and implement operational efficiencies and improvements.
Financial Reporting & Accounting Management
- Prepares financial reports for monthly reviews with business partners/department leadership.
- Leads strategic budgeting and forecasting for departments assigned and outlines variance analysis.
- Works with UBS stakeholders and University’s business center to insure accurate accounting and manages financial year-end close for departments assigned.
- As appropriate, develops and deploys standardized reporting solutions for all departments, which may include online dashboards.
- Performs other professional accounting, financial and system functions as assigned/needed.
Financial Analysis & Strategic Planning
- Becomes embedded in departmental operations from a financial perspective to anticipate possible funding needs and determine feasibility through financial modeling.
- Queries, compiles, and analyzes financial and other relevant data to work collaboratively with stakeholders and leadership to more efficiently and effectively allocate resources as warranted.
- Analyzes and interprets statistical, financial, and management planning data for decision-making and strategic planning. This may include specialized financial analyses, such as cashflow analysis, NPV, and what-if scenario analysis.
- Recommends strategies and options to enhance operating efficiencies, including new funding constructs and operational changes.
- Performs high priority ad-hoc financial and analytical projects as assigned.
- Applies discretion and creativity working on assignments of a varied, difficult and diverse nature.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field and five (5) years of professional accounting and/or professional financial operations experience, OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience in P&L analysis and financial modeling.
- Experience in reporting ad-hoc financial statements, creating customized reports, and ability to create reports based on end-user requirements.
- Experience working with various data sets, to aggregate, analyze and interpret data to drive sound business decision.
- Experience in identifying appropriate data sources, extract and manipulate data from multiple and diverse database sources by designing, refining and running complex data queries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various systems including Workday, Adaptive Planning, PeopleSoft, Amazon Workspaces, Tableau, Microsoft Excel.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, including digestible financial report and graphic presentation of complex data.
- Experience in problem solving, who can take initiative, manage workload effectively and set priorities while being flexible.
- Experience in working independently as well as a member of a team, and effectively establish priorities, multi-task, assist others and maintain productive working relationships.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial modeling principles, methods and practices.
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (10%). Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (15%). Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions.
University Business Services (UBS) supports the New American University’s vision of excellence, access, and impact by providing business services and solutions to the university. UBS is comprised of departments including Auxiliary Business Services, Environmental Health and Safety, Parking and Transit Services, Physical Security Initiatives and Emergency Management, Risk Management Services, Supply Chain Management, and Sustainability Practices.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; University Business Services will not be a sponsor for this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.