The Core Facilities Specialist is the sole department administrator for the Institute for Molecular and Nanoscale Innovation (IMNI), which manages four core research facilities: 1) Electron Microscopy Facility (EMF); 2) NanoTools Facility (NTF); 3) Nanofabrication Central Facility (NCF); and 4) Joint Engineering and Physics Instrument Shop (JEPIS). The Core Facilities Specialist serves as the key point of contact for both facility users and IMNI Staff (IMNI Director, IMNI Facility Directors, JEPIS Manager and Facility Engineers/Technical Staff). This position manages the financial and administrative functions for IMNI, which includes establishing and communicating administrative and operational policies/procedures to facility users and IMNI Staff. This position is also responsible for creating and maintaining accurate financial and operational records in compliance with regulatory standards, which includes building and monitoring multiple budgets, reconciling accounts, producing financial and usage reports, and providing analysis. The Core Facilities Specialist also coordinates and actively participates in core research facility management meetings regarding facility operations and enhancements, and opportunities for funding and improved efficiency.
-The Core Facilities Specialist assists with establishing and maintaining administrative and operational policies/procedures that govern IMNI and its core research facilities while ensuring compliance with the University and Academic Service Center guidelines.
-The Core Facilities Specialist serves as the key point of contact for current and potential facility users and faculty groups.
– The Core Facilities Specialist manages full financial accounting for IMNI.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree of equivalent combination of education/experiences.
2-4 years of experience working with accounts/reconciliations and record keeping.
- Strong organizational, administrative, time management and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize workload and meet deadlines in a multi-task, multi-faceted work environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel (Macros), PowerPoint), GoogleDocs, Web based programs and tools.
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong service-oriented attitude.
- Excellent communication service skills, both oral and written, to elicit and communicate information, to analyze data, and to prepare/present clear, informative and concise materials.
- Willingness and interest to assume increasing responsibilities, networking, leadership and training opportunities.
- Must be able to work with a diverse population and handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
Criminal and education background check satisfactory to Brown.
Please include a cover letter in the attachments section when submitting an application.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Institute for Molecular and Nanoscale Innovation
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Position Work Location:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact [email protected] .
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer , Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.