Executive Assistant to the Dean, Faculty of Art
Reporting to the Manager, Faculty of Art Office, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive-level administrative support to the Dean and liaising with various internal and external partners.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Act as the initial point of contact for individuals and groups bringing issues to the attention of the Dean; process and respond, as appropriate, to incoming email and calendar invitations
- Maintain and coordinate the schedule of the Dean, including scheduling meetings, booking meeting spaces, arranging hospitality and travel, as required
- Provide high standard administrative support to the Dean, including, but not limited to:
- Preparation of meeting agendas and presentation materials; minute taking
- Providing briefing materials to the Dean in advance of meetings, including agendas, reports and updates
- Coordination or execution of action items in follow up to meetings
- Maintaining accurate electronic files and filing systems
- Drafting of the Dean’s communications including confidential reports
- Facilitating communication with other OCAD U units and/or external individuals and organizations
- Develop documents and templates for special projects, as required
- Serve as Secretary to the Faculty Council, and other various ad hoc committees, as required
- Facilitate and support the Dean in administering Faculty Peer Reviews, Teaching Stream Permanence, Administrative Searches and Tenure-Track faculty hiring while ensuring confidentiality and privacy
- Assist in the reconciliation of the Dean’s discretionary financial accounts; coordinate the processing of travel receipts and other expense reimbursements; reconcile purchasing card statements
- In collaboration with the Coordinator, Outreach & Special Projects, coordinate special projects and fundraising efforts
- Assist the Dean, Associate Dean and Manager with the planning and execution of special projects and events that contribute to the successful operation o the Faculty of Art office
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent, with three (3) years of administrative work experience, preferably in a post-secondary educational environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and participate collaboratively in a team environment
- A demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service in a diverse environment
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential matters with discretion and tact
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and proven ability to deal with a diverse population
- Strong computer skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and experience working with databases
Compensation: Hiring Range – $25.97 to $29.70 per hour commensurate with experience, plus 4% vacation pay and 7% in lieu of benefits; Salary Range – $25.97 to $33.69 per hour.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week. This is a temporary contract expected to continue until September 6, 2024.
The incumbent in this role will be expected to report to work on campus.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume and cover letter (PDF) by selecting “Apply Now” below. The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until Monday, October 9, 2023.
As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
We encourage members of designated equity-seeking groups to self-identify within the voluntary Applicant Questionnaire .
OCAD University is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact People & Culture for more information or refer to OCAD U’s Policy of Accommodation in Employment for Persons with Disabilities .
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.