Emergency & Critical Care Night Registered Veterinary Nurse
University of London
View All Vacancies
Queen Mother Hospital
Hawkshead (nr Potters Bar, Herts)
£34,741 to £42,476
Per Annum Including London Weighting
Permanent / Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Sunday 10 December 2023
Tuesday 19 December 2023
We currently have an opportunity for a weekday night RVN within our Emergency and Critical Care team!
Our multi-disciplinary hospital accepts a range of referral and first opinion cases. In addition to state-of-the-art facilities, we are the only recognised Level 1 Trauma Center in Europe with extensive in-house laboratory capabilities and the support of our on-site transfusion service allowing us to provide the highest level of care to critically ill patients. As part of our Emergency and Critical Care team you will be working a mixture of day and night shifts alongside our friendly and experienced RVNs, Patient Care Assistants, students, ECC residents and interns to care for patients during their stay.
You will supported throughout by the Head and Senior ECC RVNs, to ensure progress through your training period and that you continue to feel confident and valued in the team. Your role will evolve during the first year to include student coaching and individual responsibilities within the team. This is the perfect environment for those wishing to develop their career as an ECC nurse, with exciting opportunities available.
Working hours will be 35hrs per week, across 3 nights Monday-Friday.
Referral nursing experience is not required as full specialist training and support will be provided.
We offer a generous reward package and benefits including:
- Competitive and attractive pension package
- Generous 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and concessionary days)
- Access to free in-house CPD and funded external CPD
- A range of family friendly policies, including adoption, maternity and paternity pay and leave
- On site café and restaurant
- Free membership to the newly built Fitness and Wellbeing Centre located on site (gym, badminton, climbing wall, Zumba, yoga and Pilates classes included)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free mini-bus service to and from Potters Bar station and Hawkshead Campus
We promote equality of opportunity and diversity within the workplace and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.