EA to Dean, Deputy Dean and FED
University of New South Wales
Apply now Job no:520135
Work type:full time
Categories:Administration, Business Development / Industry Engagement, Strategy
- Employment Type: Full Time, Fixed Term 14-month parental leave cover (35-hour week)
- Remuneration Level 7: $106,351 – $115,103 + 17% Superannuation.
- Location: Kensington, NSW (Hybrid Flexible Working within NSW)
- This role will commence from mid-January 2024!
Why The Role Matters:
The Executive Assistant is a key position within Faculty of Law & Justice and provides high level executive administrative support to the Dean, Deputy Dean (Education) and FED through the management of calendars and meetings and assistance with documents and reports.
The successful EA will be experienced in responding to complex enquiries, managing multiple priorities, and run specific projects/initiatives as assigned. The Executive Assistant will be expected to always maintain a high degree of confidentiality while also ensuring that decisions are made in accordance with the relevant rules, legislation, strategy, policies and procedures of the Faculty of Law & Justice and the University.
The role of Executive Assistant reports to the Faculty Operations Manager and from time to time may support other staff within the Faculty.
(please review the Position Description for a full list of Accountabilities)
- Proactively provide high level and seamless executive support and assistance, whilst exercising discretion, initiative and confidentiality at all times.
- Undertake complex and confidential diary, email and document management, including the monitoring and prioritising of emails, drafting official correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the effective management of the Dean, Deputy Dean (Education) and FED’s Office.
- Use superior interpersonal communication skills to initiate and maintain executive stakeholder relationships with members of the UNSW Leadership Team (ULT), Executive Assistants, the broader UNSW community and external stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve complex or sensitive issues as required, analyse requests and prioritise urgent matters.
- Facilitate and plan meetings, including compiling agendas and briefing documents, preparing minutes, and following up on allocated or outstanding meeting tasks. Provide executive support to organisational or strategic committees or panels on a regular basis.
- Manage the Dean, Deputy Dean (Education) and FED’s travel arrangements, create detailed itineraries and anticipate potential disruptions. Occasionally provide travel support for other Faculty leadership staff.
Skills and Experience:
To be considered you will hold Australian Working Rights or Australian Citizenship. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
(please review the Position Description for a full list of Skills and Experience)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with subsequent relevant experience or equivalent competence gained through any other combination of education, training and experience. Prior experience with providing executive assistant services to senior leadership roles within a large and complex organisation would be considered favourably.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to develop high level correspondence, reports, and policy documents and to research and analyse data and integrate information from a variety of sources. A high level of attention to detail for deliverables produced.
- Strong organisational and negotiation skills with a demonstrated capacity to work on numerous tasks concurrently, establish priorities and meet deadlines while thinking strategically, drawing on information from multiple sources.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with sensitive and confidential matters and ability to identify, analyse and solve administrative problems to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes.
- Advanced level of computer literacy, working with a range of computer systems and applications, including Microsoft Office suite, and desirable knowledge of enterprise systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to liaise effectively with all levels of staff and external stakeholders.
Benefits and Culture:
People are at the core of everything we do. We recognise it is the contributions of our staff who make UNSW one of the best universities in Australia and the world.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible Working Options (work from home, flexible hours etc)
- Career development opportunities
- 17% Superannuation contributions and additional leave loading payments
- Additional 3 days of leave over Christmas period
- Discounts and entitlements (retail, education, fitness)
For further details on the benefits, please visit https://www.jobs.unsw.edu.au/lifestyle-benefits
How to Apply:
Submit both a Cover Letter and CV online via the UNSW Job Board before Sunday 5th November 2023 by 11:30pm. A copy of the full PD: Position Description – Executive Assistant.pdf
Get in Touch:
If you have any queries about the role, please contact Sandra Rheinbay at [email protected] .
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Allyssar Hamoud, Talent Acquisition Coordinator at [email protected]
Please note, any applications sent to the contacts above will not be accepted.
UNSW is committed to evolving a culture that embraces equity and supports a diverse and inclusive community where everyone can participate fairly, in a safe and respectful environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. UNSW provides workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Advertised:16 Oct 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:05 Nov 2023 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.