Donor Relations Coordinator
Donor Relations Coordinator
ABOUT THE ROLE / WHAT THE ROLE OFFERS
CARE Canada’s bold strategic plan, From Caring Comes Courage (2021 – 2025), sets out CARE Canada’s commitment to bring all our resources, talent, and expertise together tounlock women’s leadership for a gender-just future. It recognizes that to lead change and realize a better life for herself and her community, every woman needs to be safe, healthy and have a dignified livelihood. It also fundamentally realizes that ‘business as usual’ is no longer good enough: this Plan challenges us to reimagine how we achieve our mission, inspire Canadian investment in that mission, and transform our organization to be future-ready.
Under the leadership of a Manager, Offline Marketing and Fundraising, you will provide excellent customer service through phone, email, and mail, focusing on single and monthly gift processing, donor retention, accurately representing CARE’s brand, policies, and global work and ensuring that donors have an exceptional experience when they engage with CARE. The Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for ongoing management of the monthly donor file, monitoring public email inboxes, performing various donation-related tasks in CARE’s fundraising database (CRM system), receipting, donor stewardship (including gift fulfillment, outbound calling) and supporting the management of incoming phone calls.
In your role, you will be responsible for managing monthly gift processing and maintaining the database. This includes handling updates, adjustments, cancellations, and new pledges. Additionally, you will provide customer service to donors, respond to inquiries and complaints, and update donor information. Supporting the Donor Relations team, you will assist with administrative tasks and process one-time and offline gifts. Because of the nature of the work, demands are fast-paced and unpredictable. To thrive in this job, you will need to be flexible and be willing to both lead and work as part of a close-knit team when needed.
Gender is at the heart of CARE’s mandate, and therefore at the centre of everything we do. You must have a strong commitment to gender equality and be keen to learn more about how these fits into the work that we do.
WHAT YOU OFFER / ABOUT YOU
- You have one to three years of experience working in customer service, preferably answering phone calls, and responding to emails.
- You possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have a strong enthusiasm for learning and discussing CARE’s global work in combating poverty.
- You have proficiency in using the MS Office suite, including Outlook.
- You are familiar with a fundraising database system.
- You are comfortable juggling multiple demands and navigating challenging conversations while remaining composed.
- You must possess superior attention to detail skills.
- You will promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.
- You will create an environment within CARE’s workplaces, programming, and communities where CARE works, that is free from sexual harassment, sexual abuse and sexual exploitation and child abuse (SHEA-CA).
- You will ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SHEA-CA are in place consistent with the CARE International (CI) Policy on PSEA-CP and CI Performance Standards.
- Bilingual proficiency is required.
- Be based in Ottawa, or willing to relocate to Ottawa before your first day.
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU EXTRAORDINARY
- You have bachelor’s Degree Preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
WHAT WE OFFER / ABOUT CARE
- Starting Salary Range between $55,000 – 60,000 depending on skills and experience.
- Generous leave entitlements, including December holiday closure.
- Full benefits: dental, medical, vision care, paramedical, life insurance (some exceptions may apply) and professional and confidential Employee Assistance Program services.
- Learning and development opportunities and specialised training.
- Flexible work hours and work from home arrangements within Canada.
- A family friendly environment.
- Amazing colleagues who are very committed to CARE’s mission!
CARE Canada is committed to employment equity and building a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to apply to roles only when they meet all the criteria outlined in the posting. If you’re excited about this role but don’t have experience with each and every qualification, we encourage you to apply. Let us know in your application if you have a non-traditional background and how your experience maps to the role you’re applying for. Recruitment-related accommodations for persons with disabilities are available on request.
CARE Canada has a mandatory vaccination policy currently in place with accommodations based on the Ontario Human Rights Code.
As part of CARE Canada’s commitment to preventing sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, we conduct reference checks on all final stage candidates in line with the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. By applying to this role with CARE Canada, you are giving us consent to contact your previous employers to seek information in line with this scheme.
- Pay TypeSalary
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.