Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing (OB) is seeking an experienced Training Coordinator to create a robust disaster relief and recovery training infrastructure for all department positions. Will develop and coordinate disaster relief training for volunteers designed to support DR operations in the field. Collaborates with design teams within CBN to develop relevant content. During times of disaster, this position will serve in a planning function/position within the DR Emergency Operations Center.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a trainer or training coordinator.
- Curriculum design and delivery experience preferred.
- Incident Command System and National Incident Management System qualifications required, planning certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of emergency management planning techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to organize, prepare, and present training and exercise programs and technical information to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse groups to support the development of emergency training and exercise management projects.
- Strong planning and research skills.
- Ability to analyze existing training and exercise information and make informed and sound decisions.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills that accommodate various learning styles.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail while handling multiple assignments.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint; experience with online learning management systems (LMS) is desirable.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as an active participant in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish professional rapport with all levels of management, staff, and general public.
- Excellent ability to maintain confidentiality and safeguard sensitive information per department protocols.
- Ability to make purchases with department purchasing card.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed to assist with training implementation.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with excellent driving record.
Operation Blessing (OB) is a non-profit humanitarian organization that provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as hunger relief, medical care, clean water, and disaster relief. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please click apply or visit our OB Job Board at www.ob.org.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.