Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing (OB) is seeking an experienced Disaster Case Coordinator (DCC) to track, coordinate, and manage US disaster relief work orders and cases and oversee individuals assisted by USDR in their recovery. This is a time-limited process in which the USDR DCC collaborates with disaster-affected individuals or families (clients) to plan and achieve realistic relief and recovery goals. This comprehensive process encompasses all aspects of recovery, from immediate relief to long-term recovery efforts.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Working knowledge of disaster relief deployment logistics and protocols to include demolition and reconstruction.
- Experience providing coordination response with project management skills required.
- General Contractor experience or license preferred.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal government regulations.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with keen attention to detail while handling multiple assignments.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced, resource-constrained, and uncomfortable environment.
- Strong logistical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel with ability to learn new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and motivate others.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as an active participant in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish professional rapport with all levels of management, staff and outside public.
- Flexible with ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to make purchases with department purchasing card.
- Available to travel on short notice for extended periods.
- Preferred expertise in process and project management.
- CDL Class B helpful.
- Valid Virginia driver’s license with excellent driving record.
Operation Blessing (OB) is a non-profit humanitarian organization that provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as hunger relief, medical care, clean water, and disaster relief. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please click apply or visit our OB Job Board at www.ob.org.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.