Director of Talent Acquisition at Accelerate Change
Director of Talent Acquisition (Full Time, Remote)
Work Type: Full Time
Position: Director of Talent Acquisition (Full Time, Remote)
Organization: Accelerate Change
Reports to: VP of People, Patty Busby
Direct Reports: Two Talent Acquisition Managers and Talent Project Manager
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months
COVID-19: We take Covid-19 safety very seriously. Employees must follow our Covid safety protocols and be fully vaccinated and boostered. Accommodations are provided to the extent required by law. For employees based in the state of Florida, the COVID-19 vaccine is encouraged but not required due to Florida law
About Accelerate Change
Founded in 2012, Accelerate Change is a nonprofit (c3/c4) digital media lab. We work to increase civic engagement with BIPOC and low-income communities through digital media. Our programs include:
- Scaling emerging cultural media properties
- Investing in established cultural media properties
- Building influencer networks
- Leading a digital media lab
- Driving civic engagement campaigns
Learn more about our theory of change, approach, and impact at https://acceleratechange.org/about/
Our team is made up of digital media innovators and operators who bring a mix of tech, business, civic engagement, and media backgrounds. Meet our team and learn more about our culture at https://acceleratechange.org/values-team/
About the Position
Accelerate Change is seeking an equity-centered Director of Talent Acquisition with experience in managing the recruiting process and establishing and improving sourcing and hiring strategies. We’re looking for someone who loves all aspects of the hiring process but also enjoys finding ways to improve it and make it more effective, efficient and inclusive.
Here’s what you could expect to do as Director of Talent Acquisition (key responsibilities):
- Set the vision and strategy for the Talent Acquisition Department along with the VP of People.
- Spearhead the implementation of a new Applicant Tracking System (ATS) platform to support the Talent Acquisition Department’s lifecycle recruitment process.
- Oversee and manage the full life cycle of recruiting and hiring, ensuring Accelerate Change and our partners have equity embedded into all aspects of the process.
- Create and implement strategies to improve Accelerate Change’s hiring process efficiency and overall candidate experience.
- Establish best practices for a long-term scalable and equitable recruitment and hiring process.
- Oversee vital pieces of existing recruiting and hiring workflows.
- Partner with hiring managers and Talent Acquisition team to develop and maintain up-to-date job descriptions for existing and new roles.
- Facilitate regular communication with all stakeholders in each requisition (including, hiring managers and the Leadership Team).
- Manage sourcing strategy development, use recruitment tools (such as LinkedIn Recruiter), and develop a talent pipeline.
- Directs and supports Talent Acquisition Managers as they each manage 5-7 talent requisitions at a time, including additional contractor searches
- Shape the strategy and methodology for Accelerate Change, in collaboration with the rest of the Leadership Team.
We’ll also look for the Director of Talent Acquisition to:
- TBD. As part of a rapidly growing organization, you’ll need to embrace change and that your responsibilities will shift over time. Pitching in to help with the needs of your department and the overall Central Team is an important part of your role
- Help advance our goal of becoming an anti-racist organization. Within your role, apply equitable work practices, challenge white supremacy, and help make our programs more inclusive. Center our understanding that multiple systems of oppression intersect with racism and be an active part of our values work.
- Serve as a resource to our networks of partners. Help amplify partner successes, make connections between partners and facilitate learning sharing, and offer your expertise to partners in our networks wherever it makes sense.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to their work and learning new skills. In our fast-paced, unstructured environment, we love it when staff first try to figure things out on their own and then ask for help if they’re stuck.
- Seek out opportunities to deepen their skills on current/emerging platforms and with lean startup methodology. We take an individualized approach to growth where staff have the chance to explore and propose development opportunities that align with their interests and the team’s priorities.
What We’re Looking For
- Commitment to social change. Accelerate Change is progressive workplace focused on civic engagement with BIPOC and low-income communities. You have a demonstrated commitment to this work and you’d like to be part of a team of people who do, too.
- 5+ years experience with key responsibilities: We’re looking for someone who has at least 5 years of experience in serving as the people manager for Manager-level full time staff and at least 5 years of experience in leading the full cycle process of recruitment for hiring full time staff. You’ve previously led or have been an integral part of the hiring process, creating a strategy that is aligned with a fast-paced environment and centers equity in its practices.
- Stakeholder management skills: When it comes to working with internal and external stakeholders within a complex organizational structure, you know the importance of prioritizing clear communication and doing everything you can to ensure that stakeholders have the information they need.
- Adaptability: We work with startups, so things pivot frequently and priorities shift quickly. We’re looking for someone who prefers (not just tolerates) working in a fast-paced environment like ours. In this role, that means you enjoy leading hiring in high-change environments, and you can support your team when there are unexpected pivots that affect your work.
- Eager to work independently and as part of a remote team: You’re known as someone who gets things done and pays attention to detail. You prefer a mix of working independently to complete your tasks and checking in with colleagues from diverse backgrounds. You’d be comfortable working remotely with team members based all over the country and you’re no stranger to video calls.
- Interest in digital media: You are interested in the power of digital media for organizing and social change. You regularly engage – personally or professionally – with many of the following and are interested to learn more about Accelerate Change’s work with others on this list: TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, podcasts, streaming shows.
- $87,000 – $100,000 salary range, with exact salary depending on experience and new staff rarely starting at the top of the range
- Flexibility for work and life: Unlike a lot of places, we actually believe that people should only work 40 hours each week, except for occasional sprints that require more time in a week. We also trust everyone to make a schedule that works for them, as long as you’re able to join all necessary meetings. Want to work more one day and less the next? Fine by us. Work better in the middle of the night than during the afternoon? Go for it. Need to shift your hours to be able to pick up your kid from school? All good.
- Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents. Vision and dental plans are available at-cost to the individual.
- 15 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, 3 paid floating holidays each year and 7.5 paid sick days each year
- Professional development funds, with renewal of funds each fiscal year
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement (or co-working reimbursement): We acknowledge that working from home requires using your own internet and phone for work purposes so we offer a set reimbursement amount for cell phone and internet usage. If working home isn’t for you, we also have the option for folks to rent a co-working space and get reimbursed for their monthly costs.
- Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply, please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience on the application on our website.
Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.