Director, Data Engineering and Data Science
Hi, Future Homie!
As a Homie, you’ll be part of an unstoppable team that puts customers first, embraces each day with excitement, and strives for excellence in everything you do. We’re revolutionizing the way small businesses manage their teams and grow their business. What this means for you is a shared passion for innovation and making a difference for the people we serve. So what do you say, will you join us on our mission to empower small businesses?
As a Homie and a Director of Engineering, you come with:
- A strong history of hands-on technical experience and a history of guiding teams through complex technical challenges to successful outcomes that enable a data-driven corporate culture
- A strong history of leveraging data to driven successful product outcomes, in one or more areas of risk modeling, user recommendations, data-driven personalization
- Demonstrated record of developing, coaching and managing Data Engineers and Data Scientists to build the whole organization
- You probably have 10+ years of experience managing engineers and 2+ years of experience managing Engineering Managers
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills with a proven ability to diagnose and understand challenges that span teams and technologies
- Clear and deep understanding of how to build engineering teams that build high-quality products and an ability to use influence across the department to promote effective engineering practices
- Experience recruiting and closing engineering and data candidates
- As a bonus, you are familiar with at least some of: small and medium business customers, especially local businesses; Python, modern compute and storage platforms and tools that support data analytics and data science functions.
As a Homie, you will make an impact by:
Leading your teams in their mission to develop world-class solutions for small businesses. You will partner with Engineering Management and Technical Leadership to help your teams, and the organization as a whole, scale to meet our future needs. You will use your experience and your influence to develop organizational approaches that will improve Hombase’s ability to deliver a resilient platform and world-class product for our Homebase customers. You are an Engineering Leader with excellent judgment and will help balance short-term needs with long-term organizational impact.
- You will oversee the growth of a division of our product engineering organization where you will manage and mentor other Engineering Managers
- You will manage teams of engineers working on the core Homebase application and a group of QA specialists and support them in their day-to-day work; additionally, you will spearhead the creation of new teams within your organization and across the Product Delivery division
- You will help recruit new engineering candidates
- You’ll be a key member of the Engineering Management team and bring new ideas about organizational development, scaling teams, improving processes, etc.
What We Offer:
- Stock Options – Everyone is an Owner!
- 401(k) program + 4% company match
- Employer supplemented Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- 20 days of accrued PTO, annual paid holidays, and paid volunteer time off
- Continued learning and development stipend
- Paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account (FSA) options
- Top-of-the-line equipment and stipend for workspace setup
- Work from home Monday, Thursday, & Friday
- Meals provided at our vibrant workspaces
- Team offsites and monthly opportunities to engage with fellow Homie
What to Expect During the Interview Process:
- Meet the Talent Acquisition team Mavel W.
- Meet the Hiring Manager Andrea C.
- Meet the Engineering Leadership team Steve K. & Faheem K.
- Meet the Engineering Technical Leadership Justin L. & Bardia K. and Stephen P.
- Meet the CTO Oliver F.
- Professional Reference Checks
- Background Check + Offer Stage
- Welcome to the team, Homie
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Homebase:
At Homebase, we take pride in fostering a welcoming space where every Homie of every gender, age, orientation, culture and walk of life can be their full selves. Diverse perspectives empower us to build the best-in-class platform for small businesses and hourly shift workers. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, so if you think you’re close to what we’re looking for (even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications), we encourage you to apply!
Our mission is to make hourly work easier for local businesses and hourly workers. Homebase currently serves more than 100,000 small (but mighty) businesses with everything they need to manage their hourly teams: employee scheduling, time clocks, payroll, team communication, hiring, onboarding, and compliance. Just don’t call us “Human Capital Management.” We have built tools for the busiest businesses, so owners and employees can spend less time on bullsh*t and more time on what matters. The Homebase team brings small business expertise from Intuit, Square, OpenTable, Yelp, Gusto, and First Data. Homebase is backed by leading venture investors Bain Capital Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Plus Capital, and GGV Capital.
At Homebase, we value our differences, and we encourage all to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Homebase is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Accommodations will be provided during the hiring process if needed. Please advise us of any accommodations needed within your application to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
**Interview Recording Notice:
By participating in interviews with Homebase, you consent to the use of Metaview, a recording and transcription tool, during the interview process. Please be aware that all interviews may be recorded and transcribed for the purpose of evaluating candidates and ensuring the quality of our recruitment process. If you do not consent to being recorded, please inform the Talent Team at the beginning of the call, and appropriate arrangements will be made to accommodate your preference. Your privacy is important to us, and the recorded interviews will only be used for internal evaluation and assessment of candidates.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.