Development, Alumni Relations & Events Coordinator
University of Oxford
Grade 5: £28,759- £33,966 per annum with a possible extension to £37,099.
The University of Oxford is a stimulating work environment, which enjoys an international reputation as a world-class centre of excellence. Our research plays a key role in tackling many global challenges, from reducing our carbon emissions to developing vaccines during a pandemic.
The role of the University’s Development Office is to help secure philanthropic support for the University. The Development Office works in partnership with academic and development colleagues throughout the collegiate University to build enduring relationships with external constituencies – including alumni, non-alumni, corporate and foundation donors – and to increase financial support for agreed academic priorities.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an organised individual to contribute to a growing Development and Alumni Relations function, within the Faculty of Law. This post reports into the University’s Development Office, but is embedded within the Faculty of Law.
The post holder will have the opportunity to work across a range of projects and objectives in the Law Faculty to support the delivery of an ambitious fundraising strategy, supported by engaging events and communications for donors, law alumni and influential stakeholders.
You will provide administrative, database (DARS) and logistical support; alongside supporting, managing and executing donor and alumni events and communications.
You will have excellent organisational and communication skills, with proven ability to organise events, to manage and prioritise a range of different types of administrative tasks simultaneously. Experience using fundraising databases, such as Blackbaud CRM, Raiser’s Edge or DARS is desirable.
What We Offer
Your happiness and wellbeing at work matter to use, so we offer a range of family friendly, financial and professional benefits, including:
• Opportunity for hybrid working
• Exceptional contributary pension scheme and salary sacrifice options
• 38 days annual leave
• Comprehensive childcare services and family-friendly leave schemes
• Cycle loan scheme
• Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
• Subsidised University Sports Centre membership
• Engaging social groups and sports clubs beyond the workplace
• Use of the student discount card Totum
• Membership to CASE for advancement professionals
• Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
How to apply:
Applications should consist of a full CV and a letter of application (maximum of 2-3 pages) outlining your motivations to apply for this role, your relevant experience and how you meet the criteria of the person specification.
• Only applications received before 12.00 noon on Monday 27 November 2023 can be considered.
• Interviews are currently scheduled to take place on the Friday 8 December 2023, in person in Oxford.
• For further guidance and support on how to apply, please visit https://www.jobs.ox.ac.uk/how-to-apply.
TheDevelopment Officeis committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills and experiences. We encourage applicants from all sectors of the community and are especially keen to encourage candidates from under-represented groups to apply.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.