Tetra Tech International Development (International Development Jobs – Tetra Tech) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)-Technical position on an anticipated USAID-funded project Pacific Islands Regional Climate Finance Activity.
The goal of the Pacific Islands Regional Climate Finance Activity is to improve adaptation and mitigation ability for regional bodies and national governments in the 12 countries of the Pacific Islands where USAID works (i.e., the Federated States of Micronesia [FSM], Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Republic of the Marshall Islands [RMI], Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu) by a) mobilizing climate finance and b) improved climate finance management.
The potential full-time position will be based in Suva, Fiji for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Oversee planning, coordination, and day-to-day implementation of technical activities in partnership with technical team members and the COP;
* Provide technical expertise and support annual work planning and adaptive management of the project as needed in accordance with the project’s objectives and targets;
* Assist in coordinating project implementation, providing support to personnel and subcontractor management, and efficient budgeting and financial management, as needed;
* Ensure coordination between project teams and implementation of project activities across the Pacific Islands;
* Evaluate and document project progress and lessons learned;
* Assume responsibility for quality control and timeliness of deliverables:
* Serve as the interim COP when the COP is not available.
* Minimum of a master’s degree in economic development, climate sciences, international development, or in a relevant field.
* A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated project experience, preferably in the Pacific Islands, working in one or more of the following technical disciplines: climate sciences, climate finance, project development, private sector engagement, public financial management
* A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory work experience managing multi-disciplinary teams.
* Prior experience working on USAID-funded development programs in the Pacific Islands is strongly preferred.
* Proven track record managing and coordinating collaboration among multi-disciplinary development program teams and stakeholders (including national-level governments, the private sector, and local organizations).
* Professional fluency in English required.
* Candidates (nationals) from the Pacific Islands are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To be considered, please submit the following:
· Cover Letter
· CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: https://bit.ly/3sSReLj
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.