hatch IT is partnering with JDSAT to find a Data Scientist:
About the Role:
JDSAT is looking for an experienced Data Scientist candidate who is able to design and develop solutions across network domains to address business needs and define technical strategies. In this role, you’ll collaborate with a Data Analytics Team to create dynamic data visualization tools, lead and advise junior analysts, and work with clients to understand and model their requirements. Additionally, you’ll enhance algorithm effectiveness, handle data integration and analysis, develop machine learning models, support product implementation, validate technology choices, and create communication materials to convey business value.
About the Company:
JDSAT is a solutions company before anything else, and they believe that data, mathematics, and software are the most effective paths to finding a solution tailored to the organization’s needs.
Candidates must be able to obtain a secret-level clearance and be able to be on-site 2-3 times per week
- Architect/Design/Develop solutions that leverage various network domains. Responsible for defining the technical strategy related to translating business needs into innovative solutions.
- Contribute to a Data Analytics Team to deliver technical solutions that meet client requirements in order to create dynamic data visualization and analysis tools to increase the ability of leadership to make informed decisions related to quality of care requirements, resources, costs, and overall operations.
- Lead/advise mid-level and junior analysts in technical development.
- Work with clients, managers, and technical staff to understand business needs and translate these needs into technical models.
- Liaise with customer operations researchers and subject matter experts to improve the algorithm’s effectiveness against Key Performance Indicators.
- Extract, transform, integrate, and analyze data from disparate relational database management systems.
- Conduct exploratory analysis and data visualization.
- Develop machine learning and artificial intelligence models for predictive and prescriptive analyses.
- Support implementation of data and analytical products at client facilities.
- Support implementation of proofs of concept to help make technology choices and validate modeling assumptions.
- Develop professional communication products in technical and functional areas that communicate business value to clients. Includes briefings (oral and written), white papers, and reports
- Bachelor’s in Data Science, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Systems Analysis, Statistics, Mathematics, or related STEM field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a relevant field as described above.
- Experience building a variety of machine learning models.
- Experience building optimization and simulation models.
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (Python, Java, or C++ are preferred).
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with statistical programming languages (R, Python, SAS, etc.).
- Experience with Excel and Visual Basic for Applications.
- Experience developing interactive data visualizations for exploratory analysis.
- Experience deploying analytic applications on government IT systems and networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Possess, or be able to obtain, a SECRET-level security clearance
Desired Skills and Requirements:
- Master of Science degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Systems Analysis, Statistics, Mathematics, or related STEM fields.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working in DoD.
- Experience leading analytic teams or efforts.
- Experience with enterprise-level Capability-Based Assessments, risk analyses, and readiness analyses.
- Experience creating, developing, and implementing data analytics architecture, including data warehousing, data visualization, analytic modeling, and reporting.
- Experience creating, developing, and implementing large-scale optimization models.
- Experience creating, developing, and implementing large-scale agent-based and discrete event simulation.
- Experience applying Robotic Process Automation to recurring analytics activities.
- Experience as a consultant balancing highly technical and non-technical functional roles.
- Experience designing end-to-end solutions for federal government customers.
Don’t think you’re 100% qualified for this position? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At hatch I.T., we’re dedicated to helping companies build diverse, inclusive and authentic workplaces, so if your experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
If you are interested in learning more about this company or any Startups/Small Businesses in the area, please contact us and check us out here!!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.