CapTech is an award-winning consulting firm that collaborates with clients to achieve what’s possible through the power of technology. At CapTech, we’re passionate about the work we do and the results we achieve for our clients. From the outset, our founders shared a collective passion to create a consultancy centered on strong relationships that would stand the test of time. Today we work alongside clients that include Fortune 100 companies, mid-sized enterprises, and government agencies, a list that spans across the country.
CapTech’s Data Analysts work within a collaborative, team environment to help define and deliver innovative solutions to our clients. At the intersection of data and strategy, Data Analysts play a key role in capturing requirements, designing business processes and data models, and delivering actionable data to stakeholders. Data Analysts are passionate about interpreting data to help our clients make informed decisions and they are driven by a desire to solve our clients’ most complex business problems. Data Analysts work alongside like-minded peers who share their commitment to excellence and with visionary leaders who are invested in their success.
Specific job responsibilities will vary by project role, but may include:
- Quantify ambiguous business problems by analyzing business processes, data, and systems and gathering data requirements from clients
- Implement data governance best practices by capturing data definitions, identifying data stewards, and data transformations through source-to-target mappings
- Develop data collection systems, implement databases and analytics to optimize efficiency
- Conduct data quality analysis and provide recommendations for effective quality assurance processes that improve data health
- Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques that provide valuable insights and guide decision making across the business
- Develop reports using modern data visualization tools and best practices to surface valuable insights to end-users
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders as appropriate, including executives, data modelers, application developers, business users, and customers to build solutions and interpret results
- Collaborate with other data workstreams (Data Engineers, Data Architects, Data Scientists, Product Owners) on specific projects
Typical experience for successful candidates includes:
- Experience working in an Agile development environment, including requirements definition and testing
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical languages and packages for analyzing large datasets
- Demonstrable experience in the design of data models, database design development, data profiling, and various data analysis tools
- Demonstrable experience with ETL/ELT, data ingestion, and data munging/wrangling
- Experience in communicating concepts to both business and technical audiences
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, communication, and leadership skills
Successful candidates usually have demonstrable experience with technologies in some of these categories:
- Languages: SQL, Python, R
- Database: Hive, Snowflake, SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Aurora, DynamoDB, Cosmos, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Additional Technologies: dbt, Spark, FiveTran, Databricks, PowerBI, Tableau, git
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE. As part of this commitment, CapTech will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Laura Massa directly via email [email protected].
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.