Customer Service Representative
September 24, 2023
Metro Bank PLC -
Full job description
Location Kings Road
Ref # 19662
Closing Date 13-Oct-2023
Our promise to you…
- We will make sure that you are well-rewarded by providing you with a competitive salary, discretionary annual bonus, and a wide range of benefits, including generous holiday allowance, attractive pension scheme, healthcare, life assurance, and number of colleague discounts!
- We will give you the training to ensure you succeed in your role and plenty of internal opportunities to progress your career (around 40% of our recruitment comes from internal promotions!).
- Upon completion of training, you will receive a salary uplift.
- We are also all about balance so we offer the opportunity for a compressed shifts and part-time shifts, built around your role and home life, wherever possible.
What you will do:
- Greet and welcome customers, providing exceptional customer service at all times
- Manage cashier transactions, supporting customers with daily banking, including cash, card, and cheque handling
- Identify and address customers’ needs and advise them on our products and services accordingly
- Open and manage personal and business accounts
- Provide loan and credit card facilities
- Take full ownership of customers’ queries through to resolution
- Help customers with the Magic Money Machines and Safe Deposit Boxes
- Actively participate in the store events
- Support new colleagues joining Metro Bank (you might even become their Buddy!)
And… we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
What you will need:
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
- Ability to balance building relationships with your customers with attention to detail – we are a bank after all!
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Be flexible to work a variety of shift patterns over the seven days Metro Bank are open
- Ability to deliver excellent customer experience in a very fast paced environment (our Stores are often very busy!)
- Right from the start, we’ll give you full training and great support so you don’t need previous experience of finance or banking, but you must have experience but you do need experience of dealing with customer service queries
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this posting.