Customer Service Representative
University of Michigan
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Key Office is looking for a Customer Service Representative to provide excellent customer service to our University community. This position will issue and receive keys, and disburse cash deposits, and perform various administrative tasks.
- Issuing correct key per customer’s requisition and verifying authorized signer.
- Receiving and disbursing cash deposits for keys.
- Updating Key Office database of doors, keys and key assignments.
- Provide customer service: answer phones, answer questions, provide reports, coordinate issuing and returning of keys for large projects.
- Perform various clerical duties: organize information into spreadsheets, maintain files, distribute mail and process cash documentation.
- Updating FMS/AiM system: time, attendance, work requests.
- Processing work requests.
- Two or more years in a customer service setting.
- Considerable experience using Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Excellent prioritizing skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Legible penmanship.
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Access, Word.
- Considerable experience with CMMS. AiM/FMS system experience preferred.
- Knowledge of doors, locks, keys, key systems.
- Knowledge of the UM Key Office software and procedures.
This is a full time 40 hours per week regular position with a shift of Monday – Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
This position is located at:
525 Church Street, Rm 1103
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2572
Location: Sidewalk Level of the Church Street Parking Structure
This temporary position is expected to last a minimum of 90 days and pays $16.00 to $17.00 per hour, depending on the candidate’s background and qualifications.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.