September 24, 2023
Full job description
Salary – £23500 per annum plus excellent benefits including: Private Medical Care including GP services, Life assurance covering x8 times basic salary, Pension Contribution up to 12%, 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays, with the option of buying or selling 5 days per year, plus many more benefits
Shift Pattern – Working 5 days out of 7, rotating shift patterns between 7am and 11pm Monday – Sunday.
As a Barclays Customer Service Advisor, you will be the first point of contact for our customers – and right now our customers need us more than ever. You will work within one of our dedicated teams providing support and guidance to each customer, giving that personal touch to ensure they are valued and respected.
We are looking for individuals who have empathy, understanding, and who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service. In return we will provide you with all the training and tools you need to be truly successful in your role as a Customer Care Colleague. We are looking for those individuals who have the potential to prosper, you don’t need banking experience just a can-do approach.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity – helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted.
We are implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month, or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally can request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances. Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Working as one team across multiple channels, you will personalise each interaction with a customer, providing assistance and outcomes to best suit their needs
- Fulfilling customer requests whilst demonstrating professionalism and empathy to ensure they are valued
- Demonstrating knowledge of our processes/ policies to ensure that customers are confident in our colleagues, and knowing when to escalate where appropriate
- Educating our customers on a range of products and services as well as the different channels they can utilize to engage with us directly
- Investigating emotive and complex customer and client queries, concerns and complaints related to an extensive range of products
- Recognizing a customer’s financial position through listening to customer’s specific circumstances and tailoring the relevant solution to their needs
- Working in a high paced environment reviewing relevant information and making decisions and actions autonomously
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication and empathy skills, with the ability to use a range of communication styles to provide a personal approach
- Proven ability to use Microsoft Office to a high standard
- The ability to educate our customers on a range of products and services
- A genuine passion for helping others with a customer centric mindset
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a team but also to their own initiative
- Experience in Retail Banking is desired but not essential, as we are looking for people that are passionate about customer service
Where you will be working?
Our Wavertree Park site has recently been renovated into a modern contact centre, offering a warm and friendly environment. You will have access to our on-site staff canteen. Our Wavertree Park train station is within walking distance from the site and there are bus links into the Technology Park.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this posting.