Custodial Worker I

East Stroudsburg University

East Stroudsburg University is hiring a Custodial Worker!  Located in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Pennsylvania, ESU’s proximity to New York City and Philadelphia provides convenient access to internships, careers and social activities. Just minutes from campus are the country’s largest water parks, scenic Delaware Water Gap Recreation Area, Appalachian Trail, and other opportunities for recreational fun. 

As a custodial worker, you will perform routine manual work in the custodial care of the University buildings and surrounding grounds. You will be an active member of the Facilities Management team and will clean and do minor maintenance work in campus buildings and their adjacent ground. 90% of the work you do will be indoors while the remaining 10% is occasionally spent working outside in snow and/or rain. To be successful in this role, you must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have good time-management skills. 

Your normal hours will be Sunday through Thursday 7:00 am – 3:00 pm, but you may have to flex your schedule from time to time based on the needs of the business to be a true custodial worker.  When our team shows up for work, they are energized and motivated to succeed – all while being the most crucial piece to keeping the ESU operations humming. 
What Will I Do At ESU? (AKA Essential Duties) 

  • Operate and perform routine maintenance on buffers, automatic scrubbing machines, high-speed polishing burnishes, and carpet cleaning equipment. 
  • Vacuum, spot clean, and shampoo carpet. 
  •   Dust and polish furniture and fixtures. 
  • Mop, scrub, wax and polish floors. 
  • Wash windows, blinds, and walls. 
  • Clean lavatories and replace lavatory supplies. 
  • Shovel snow on steps and walks around assigned buildings. 
  • Request supplies using Internal Stores Requisition. 
  • Report facility maintenance needs to appropriate people. 
  • Perform other related duties as required and assigned. 

 

What We’re Looking For (AKA Qualifications) 

  • No Previous training and experience needed 
  • Valid Driver’s License 
  • Able to read, write, and comprehend English; able to follow verbal instructions. 
  • Experience with Word, Excel, Teams required. 

What We Offer 

  • Outstanding benefits package including medical from date of hire, retirement contributions, employee wellness program, and paid leave. 
  • Salary: $29,301 annually 
  • Living by the Warrior Code: 
  • Accountable for One’s Actions 
  • Committed to Self-Growth 
  • Willing to Sacrifice for the Greater Good 
  • Positive, Honest, and Loyal 
  • Respectful of the Environment and Community 
  • Dedicated to Empowering Others 

We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our teams.  
Much like our academic programs, we are proud to foster a workplace that is unique to higher education. As an organization focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring others. 
And yes, legal made us spell this out… 
Must be at least 18 years old and be able to read and write English. Employment with ESU is contingent on each candidate passing a thorough background check that includes: FBI fingerprinting, PA Child Abuse, and employment. We are proud ESU is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on President Long’s 10 point plan, click here: https://www.esu.edu/president/10-action-plan.cfm 

View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.