Course Lecturer – CLAS 212 – Winter 2024
Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Deadline to apply: October 18, 2023
Salary: $9625/ course (including vacation pay).
The Department of History and Classical Studies is inviting applications to teach a course in winter 2024. Please complete the online application form and upload required documents. Applications will be ranked according to the collective agreement between McGill University and the MCLIU. Preference will be given to the qualified applicant with the most priority points. McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
McGill University is an English-language university where most teaching and research activities are conducted in the English language, thereby requiring English communication both verbally and in writing.
(This posting will expire at 00:00 am the day of the deadline to apply. You have until midnight the day before the deadline to apply to submit your application)
For any questions, please contact [email protected]
CLAS 212 Introductory Latin 2 – 002
A course designed for beginners with little or no background in Latin. Introduction to basic grammar, vocabulary, morphology. Reading of simple sentences and connected passages.
January 4, April 12, 2024: Monday/Wednesday/Friday (16:35-17:25)) SHER680 495
Teaching Qualification Requirements:
Education : PHD or ABD in Classics or related field required. Expertise Latin language or literature preferred.
Experience : Teaching experience in Latin language at university level preferred.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Internal applicants are McGill employees who currently hold an active contract at McGill University. · Refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for Internal Candidates) job aid for complete step-by-step instructions on how to apply as an internal candidate:
- Internal applicants are to apply within Workday by typing Find Jobs in the search field.
- External applicants are applicants who do not currently hold an active contract at McGill University. This also applies to applicants who held contracts in the past, and do not currently hold an active contract.
- Refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for complete step-by-step instructions on how to apply as an external candidate: https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/files/hr/workday_guide_for_candidates_extenal_en.pdf
- External applicants are to navigate to the McGill External Career Site and create a Workday Candidate Home Account.
- Please create your Workday Candidate Home Account with your personal email address. Do not create your account with a McGill email if you have one.
- Applicants must use their legal names when creating their Workday Candidate Home account
Department of History and Classical Studies
Introductory Latin 2
CLAS 212 002
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.