At AE Works, we are more than just an architectural and engineering firm. We are on a mission to make building projects a better value. As a certified B Corporation, our commitment to people, planet, and purpose drives every facet of our work. We believe that the spaces we create should not only inspire and innovate, but also be sustainable, functional, and transformative. With a passion for design excellence and a dedication to social and environmental responsibility, we take pride in our role as industry leaders, shaping the future of architecture and engineering while making a positive impact on the world. Join us in reimagining the possibilities of design, where each project is a testament to our unwavering belief that building a better future is not just a goal; it’s a promise.
AE Works is seeking a talented Cost Estimator to join our team. As a Cost Estimator at AE Works, you will be responsible for successfully executing cost estimates, as well as estimating to set budgets for our clients. Our estimators also provide our design teams with data to inform design decisions in order to work within allotted budgets for facility renovation projects.
This position will be based out of our Pittsburgh office and comes with a competitive salary based on relevant experience as well as generous perks and benefits including medical, vision, dental, and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, a 401k, dress-for-your-day dress code, virtual working capability, and a work-from-home equipment allowance.
Role and Responsibilities for Position:
- Owns and executes estimates through various phases of design on multiple projects concurrently. Considers labor, materials, and time required.
- Develops or reviews early project budgets to determine directional accuracy of early owner budgets and clarify anticipated scopes of work.
- Integrates with project design teams and owners to manage the value of the design and project from concept through construction documents.
- Creates and communicates preconstruction project schedules in support of estimates and deliverables to clients and teams.
- Manages AE Works’ cost database and maintains knowledge on construction industry trends and pricing to implement data in estimates and advise teams and clients.
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs to understand the reasons for discrepancies.
- Develops or assists in developing bids for projects, including soliciting, leveling, and reviewing bids with recommendations based on the review.
Technical Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a related field. Professional certification in cost estimating, such as AACE International Certified Cost Professional desirable.
- 8+ years of progressive experience working on commercial building design and/or construction projects as a project estimator or similar.
- Work experience leading and significantly contributing to estimates for commercial building projects in areas of federal, healthcare, senior care, higher education, commercial, public safety, and/or local governmental projects across all project disciplines and construction trades.
- Ability to understand design documents and conceptualize design when necessary to apply construction pricing to those design documents for Site/Civil, Landscaping, Architectural Façade, Structure, Architectural Interiors, Plumbing/Fire Protection, Mechanical, and Electrical/Systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of current construction pricing data in both total project $/SF for different project types and unit pricing for detailed estimates.
- Identify and anticipate potential cost overruns and suggest risk mitigation strategies.
- Ability to create and update basic construction project Gantt schedules to be utilized in preconstruction.
- Strong communicator with the ability to build relationships with clients and peers.
- Skilled with using cloud based and mobile technology for collaboration.
- Articulate in both written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Estimating/Quantity Take-off Software, Scheduling Software, and familiarity with RS Means cost database (or similar cost database).Ultimately utilize industry-specific software and technologies for accurate estimation and reporting.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. EEO is the law.
AE Works uses E-Verify. You have the Right to Work.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.