Coordinator for Academic Initiatives
University of South Florida
Dept Number/Name: 0-0436-000 / Residential Education
College Division: Stud Aff-Com Dev and Stu Engage
Salary Plan: Administrative
Job Code/Title: 9427 / Student Programs Coord
Salary Range: $48,000 – $50,000
Position Number: 00013409
Student Success at the University of South Florida (USF) is a preeminent organization that inspires learning and transforms the lives of students for lifelong success. We provide learning opportunities and environments for students to discover, integrate, and apply new knowledge that increases their
capacity for personal growth, responsible citizenship, and ethical leadership.
Guided by this premise, Residential Education at the University of South Florida provides a safe community, innovative curricula, and quality services that contribute to our residents’ success by fostering their learning, personal development, and citizenship. Our dynamic residential experience produces proud USF alumni and engaged global citizens and we strive to achieve our motto of being the best place to live, work, and learn.
The Educational Priority for Residential Education: At the conclusion of the residential experience, students will be holistically well, interpersonally skilled, academically engaged, and self-aware to make a positive societal impact.
The Coordinator for Academic Initiatives is responsible for the management of academically based programs through academic initiatives and living learning community (LLC) program development. This position supports the academic engagement of 6,300 students living on campus through faculty engagement, implementation of signature academic initiatives, and collaboration with University faculty and academic partners all in alignment with the Residential Education Residential Curriculum. This position is a part of the Academic Initiatives team within Residential Education, which supports and connects directly to university retention and persistence goals.
- Assist in the design and implementation of academic initiatives, programs, and events for all residents. Provide leadership for annual programs such as House Calls, Last Lecture Series, Finals Reviews, etc. Provide support for other major initiatives and committees hosted and sponsored by Residential Education.
- Provide strategic visioning for the integration of Living Learning Community Programs and Academic Initiatives with the Residential Curriculum.
- Co-manage 11 living learning communities and provide strategic vision to LLC partners. Co-chair monthly LLC partner planning meetings, establish and maintain strong partnerships between Residential Education, and LLC partners.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with USF student support departments and resource offices to further support the student success goals outlined in USF’s strategic plan.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with faculty, support the Faculty-in-Residence and Faculty Fellows.
- Provide academic support to Residential Student staff including supervision of Residential tutors and providing Academic Success Meetings (ASM). Provide supervision for residential tutors (when program is available) and provide Academic Intervention for Residential Student Staff.
- Collaborate to recruit and retain students participating in LLCs. Work closely with admissions and attend admitted student’s days.
- Develop student and professional staff training sessions for academic initiatives and LLC program and assist with LLC RA recruitment and community placement.
- Administer academic initiative programming budgets and LLC program budgets and student fees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, with at least one year of experience in a student affairs/residential life position or a Master’s degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, or Sports Recreation Administration preferred. Work experience may not be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree requirement for this position.
A Master’s degree in Higher Education, College Student Affairs, or Educational Leadership/Administration. Graduate level housing experience, or transferable academic initiatives focused experience including academic advising, curriculum development, event management, team building, and program management.
Information for Applicants
This position is subject to a Level 1 criminal background check.
Job Opening Number: 35647
Posting Date: 11/8/2023
Posting End Date: 12/8/2023
How To Apply
Click on the Apply Now button. When applying to an opening you will have the opportunity to upload a cover letter and resume.
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position.
Click here for additional tutorial information.
To request an accommodation with the application or interview process, please contact Central Human Resources by telephone: 813-974-2970 or email [email protected] .
Equal Employment Opportunity
USF is an equal opportunity, equal access academic institution that embraces diversity in the workplace.
The University of South Florida does not discriminate on the basis of sex and prohibits sexual harassment. Any person may report sex discrimination, including sexual harassment (whether or not the person reporting is the person alleged to be the victim of conduct that could constitute sex discrimination or sexual harassment), in person, by mail, by telephone, or by electronic mail, using the contact information listed for the Title IX Coordinator. Reports may be made at any time either online or directly to the University’s Title IX Coordinator.
USF’s Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Statement .
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) , Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) .
Campus map and location overview: USF – Tampa Campus
The University of South Florida is a high-impact global research university dedicated to student success. Over the past 10 years, no other public university in the country has risen faster in U.S. News and World Report’s national university rankings than USF. Serving more than 50,000 students on campuses in Tampa, St. Petersburg and Sarasota-Manatee, USF is designated as a Preeminent State Research University by the Florida Board of Governors, placing it in the most elite category among the state’s 12 public universities. USF is a member of the American Athletic Conference.
Working at USF
With more than 16,000 employees at USF, the University of South Florida is one of the largest employers in the Tampa Bay region. At USF you will find opportunities to excel in a rich academic environment that fosters the development and advancement of our employees. We believe in creating a talented, engaged and driven workforce through on-going development and career opportunities. We also offer a first class benefit package that includes medical, dental and life insurance plans, retirement plan options, tuition program and generous leave programs and more.
To learn more about working at USF please visit: Work Here. Learn Here. Grow Here .
Connect with us:
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.