Montrose International LLP is an international development project management and consultancy company specialised in health, education, economic development, climate & environment. We are a trusted partner to clients across bilateral and multilateral development agencies, non-governmental organisations and the private sector. We are a UK company with projects and offices across Africa and Asia.
Our portfolio of work across the climate and environment sector is expanding and we are offering positions on our consultants’ roster for high level technical specialists.
You would be part of a network of impressive technical experts, provide high-quality technical leadership to the development and delivery of climate & environment programmes, and have priority access to project and consultancy opportunities globally.
We are seeking experts with a wide range of experience across the environmental and climate sectors including:
- Climate, biodiversity and associated environment issues of terrestrial and marine ecosystems
- Climate resilience and adaptation
- Ecosystem services / environmental management systems
- Natural resource management and resource scarcity
- Fisheries and marine ecosystem management
- Environmental compliance
- Adaptation and resilience to climate change impacts
- International Climate Finance including expertise across the full range of climate finance tools including risk financing, private finance, blended finance, British International Investment’s activities, and environmental economics;
- Low carbon growth and mitigation/ carbon markets
- Clean energy transition
- Supporting countries to achieve their Net Zero goals
- Environmental safeguards including expertise on the Convention of Biological Diversity global biodiversity framework
- Climate and environmental governance and political economy analysis
- Early warning systems; behaviour change; and innovative approaches to tackling climate change and protecting nature and biodiversity
- Risk financing, early warning systems, energy and climate programming in disaster/crisis prone and fragile and conflict affected contexts
- Impacts of climate change, biodiversity loss and environmental pollution and degradation as drivers of vulnerability, approaches to building resilience and cleaner, more sustainable development, and protecting nature
- Climate smart agriculture
Experts will ideally have international expertise with 5 years to 15+ years relevant professional experience. Minimum qualifications for national experts is a related undergraduate degree (Masters degree for international experts) and clearly defined relevant professional experience.
Experience with both development agencies (FCDO, USAID, EU, UN agencies) and the private sector is welcome. As a predominantly female led organization, applicants from women are always encouraged.
How to apply
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application Here before the 17 November 2023. Please note that there will be a rolling review of applications, so we encourage early application.