Chief Resource Mobilization
IDLO - International Development Law Organization
Overview & Responsibilities
The Department of External Relations and Partnerships is responsible for the planning, coordination, and implementation of IDLO’s external relations agenda, communications and partnerships building through strategies and activities to promote, protect and enhance IDLO’s mission and brand.
The Department actively promotes and advocates for IDLO’s strategic priorities with governments, the United Nations system, other intergovernmental organizations, civil society, the private sector, philanthropic organizations, academia, and other potential partners at national, regional, and international levels. It collaborates with all entities within IDLO to promote the Organization’s policy advocacy priorities. It supports IDLO’s program and program development teams and country offices to ensure that communications, partnership engagements, resource mobilization and other outreach activities are coherent and integrated in IDLO’s activities around the world. It builds and maintains innovative and productive partnerships, ensures best practices in communication and resource mobilization, and supports the governance mechanisms of the Organization.
Reporting to the Director of External Relations and Partnerships, the Chief Resource Mobilization is responsible for leading the development of a robust and agile resource mobilization strategy and partnership base as follows:
- Lead the coordination and implementation of a comprehensive resource mobilization strategy to increase resource base and enhance the flexibility, predictability, and sustainability of funding streams.
- In close coordination with relevant departments, build a diverse partnership base, including bilateral, multilateral, and private donors, to underpin and finance IDLO’s Strategic Plan.
- Lead the development of targeted engagement plans for key current and prospective donors for both core and non-core funding.
- Manage donor relationship and broker new partnerships, by proactively identifying and pursuing opportunities for new sources of funding in line with the resource mobilization strategy.
- Coordinate and provide technical guidance to a cross-organizational resource mobilization efforts, including by providing support and advice to the Senior Leadership Team and country managers.
- Working in close cooperation with the Director of External Relations and Partnerships and senior management, organize regular consultations with donors and other partners to improve dialogue and understanding of mutual priorities.
- Lead the development of major funding proposals and organizational assessments for donors.
- Coordinate effective and timely reporting to enhance donor trust and confidence by establishing appropriate reporting frameworks, tools, and high-quality reports, in collaboration with relevant Departments, including Finance and Support Services.
- Contribute to the identification and assessment of new business development opportunities, including through timely information, donor analysis and active participation in internal processes.
- Contribute to the annual departmental work plan and budget.
- Keep abreast of latest trends, news and events in partnership building and resource mobilization domains and ensure that relevant information and analysis is made available to all internal stakeholders in a timely and user-friendly way.
- Effectively lead staff by providing clear direction, addressing staff development, and implementing performance management through ongoing dialogue, feedback, and mentoring; motivate and support staff with a view to fostering a teamwork approach in meeting objectives and goals; address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner; encourage initiative and maintain effective working relationships within a multicultural setting.
- Perform any other relevant assignments requested by the Director of External Relations and Partnerships.
Education and Experience
- Post‐graduate degree in business, in social sciences, development, political sciences, international relations, business or related discipline. A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible relevant professional experience with a governmental, intergovernmental, or international non-governmental organization.
- Proven track record of resource mobilization from governmental sources and private sector; experience in justice sector desirable.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and managing relations with major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Substantial experience of leading teams, managing and developing staff and holding budgetary authority.
- Full professional competence of written and verbal communication skills in English is essential. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is highly desirable.
Specific knowledge, skills, and behavioral competencies
- Solid understanding of the development aid trends, donor landscape and resource mobilization strategies and tools, including results-based donor reporting.
- Good network with major bilateral/multilateral donors and/or foundations.
- Ability to inspire and develop innovative approaches and replicable strategies for fundraising through the analysis of trends and opportunities.
- Knowledge of rule of law and international development an advantage.
- Ability to foster and maintain relationships with external stakeholders with diplomacy, tact, and sensitivity.
- Flexible and entrepreneurial, with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the Organization to achieve its objectives.
- Strong communications skills, including effective presentation skills and ability to draft/edit donor proposals and reports.
- Motivated self-starter, able to handle multiple priorities and work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplinary teams and work collaboratively across departments.
- Experience of working with senior executives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work constructively with internal and external stakeholders in multi-cultural settings.
- Proficient in utilizing standard information and communications technology, including Microsoft Office and related software.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s values and mandate.
- Able and willing to travel to field operations, including in post-conflict countries.
Terms & Conditions
For this internationally professional recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate a Fixed Term Contract of 24 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
IDLO shall also offer a yearly basic salary of EUR 93,353 and a benefits package including provident fund contribution, medical insurance, leave entitlements in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules. Relocation and installation support are also available for internationally recruited employees.
Salaries and benefits paid by IDLO to employees are exempt from taxation in Italy. IDLO employees are responsible for compliance with income tax laws of their country of nationality or residence and/or of any other relevant fiscal jurisdiction.
Applications will be screened on a regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature, or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
Application Closing Date: November 25, 2023
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.