Cash Plus Technical Consultant
October 11, 2023
- Sana'a, Yemen
United Nations Children's Fund
The main objective of this consultancy is to work with UNICEF and SWF to support ongoing efforts aimed at reviewing & improving the Cash Plus program design, developing a Theory of Change (ToC) taking into consideration the country context and complexity, enhancing good quality and reliable documentation and archiving system for the CPI (e.g., project proposal, progress reports, tools, SOPs, technical Guidelines & guidance notes, lists of service providers, etc.).
The consultant shall achieve the below specific deliverables/results, as per the ToR classification and the agreed timeframe for the consultancy contract period:
- A dedicated theory of change (ToC) for the Cash Plus Initiative is developed and improved.
- Cash plus program is well incorporated and institutionalized within SWF program structure to scale up the cash plus.
- The Cash plus Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) and the Implementation Guidelines are reviewed, improved & revised.
- The CPI program’ case management and referral tools/forms, including the CPI database and MIS, as well as program reporting and monitoring are unified, standardized and improved.
- Availability and accessibility of a good quality and reliable data protection procedures with an effective documentation and archiving system of the CPI program (e.g., project document, progress reports, lists of service providers, etc.).
- Scope of Work:
- The consultant will be hosted at the SWF and will work under the supervision of UNICEF Social Policy Officer with overall guidance of the Social Policy Specialist, in close coordination with the SWF in Sana’a and Aden. The consultant will collaborate with SWF and UNICEF to design an independent & dedicated theory of change for the CPI programme ‘’which will be applicable and adoptable across various related contexts and circumstances’’, as well as strengthen and improving the CPI programme’s logic framework and structure to better ensure the availability and accessibility of data / information required ‘’to conduct a robust evaluation with a reliable and tangible results for the Cash Plus program’’. The main activities/tasks that should be completed by the Technical Consultant, includes:
- Lead the review and discussions process in close consultation and coordination with SWF and UNICEF; to further strengthen the Cash plus program’ logic and structure to be more clear, relevant, plausible, valid, and consistent, considering all the related contexts, circumstances and complexity.
- Developing a dedicated Theory of Change with valid hypothesis and factual elements, along with ensuring there is a clear independent program baseline and monitoring framework, focused objective, and measurable indicators.
- Coming up with key assumptions and risks that need to be considered in the CPI program to make the stated contributions outlined in the Theory of Change.
- Review, improve & revise the Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) of the Cash plus initiative, which include the reviewing, standardizing, unifying, and improving the case management and referral tools, templates and forms, that includes the program’ monitoring and reporting outlines.
- Analysis of Cash Plus data and monitoring tools to inform on program impact and its design.
- Support SWF to develop clear data protection procedures, ensuring there is available, accessible, and reliable documentation and archiving system for the cash plus program (e.g., project proposal, progress reports, past evaluations, other commissioned studies, lists of service users, indicators, etc.). Other key related tasks and sub activities here includes the following:
- Ensuring a good quality and reliable data protection procedures for the CPI with SWF, taking into consideration existing best practices, in close consultation with SWF & UNICEF.
- Create a “dedicated & classified folder/hub’’, that will contain all related dataset and documents of the Cash plus initiative for SWF to enhance it is well archived and documented.
- Enhance that the Cash Plus’ outputs and indicators are available and accessible during the time of the programme’s intervention.
The consultant’s proposed methodology, approach and working mechanisms shall include, but not limited to, the following:
- Review, revision, and development of the CPI program documents: the Consultant will conduct a Desk-review for the CPI program documents which will be provided and shared during the Inception phase, these documents include: (Cash Plus Initiative’ Background / proposal document and Strategy – Guidelines – SOPs – CM data collection, reporting and monitoring tools – Training manuals / materials – Evaluability Assessment Report – Review & lesson learned Workshop Reports- etc.)
- FGDs and Interviews with the CPI field and program team working with SWF and UNICEF
- Strategic and Technical Meetings with SWF and UNICEF (management and technical program team).
- Final Workshop with SWF and UNICEF to present and validate the deliverables/products achieved.
The Consultant must complete the following tasks within a framework of 88 days/20 weeks in 2023-2024:
- Inception report: this report should include the proposed workplan with a clear delivery timeline.
- A dedicated theory of change (ToC) for the Cash Plus Initiative is developed and shared with UNCIEF and SWF.
- Cash plus Guidelines, SOPs, CPI Background, Project proposal document, and Strategy, including training manuals / materials are reviewed, revised, improved.
- CPI’ case management and referral tools/forms, including reporting and monitoring tools/templates are reviewed, revised, unified, standardized, improved & shared with UNCIEF and SWF.
- A good quality and reliable data protection procedures / protocols, with a strong documentation / archiving system are established for the CPI program & adopted by SWF.
- A monthly progress report to be shared with at least 20% implementation of the plan achieved.
- Weekly meeting to share concerns and obstacles with the social policy officer.
- Regular or monthly meetings and updates with the Social Policy Officer and the Social Policy Specialist on the progress made during the consultancy period.
- Conduct a review workshop with SWF and UNICEF to present and validate the deliverables/products achieved.
- A comprehensive final report including achievements, challenges, recommendations and lessons learned.
- For more details on the Job Profile, hold CTRL & double-click: insert job description:Download File Terms of Reference (Cash Plus Technical Consultant)_Final_ 28 Aug 2023.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: A university degree in Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or other relevant disciplines is required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional working experience is required.
- Demonstrates substantial technical expertise in program planning, design, management, monitoring and evaluation, as well as data and policy analysis to reinforce programming.
- In depth understanding of Yemen’s social protection context.
- Solid knowledge & expertise of the SP programmatic approaches and interventions (cash plus, case management and referral).
- Technical expertise & skills in designing program theory of change (TOC) and MEAL framework to assure program quality and inform impact.
- Previous work in the field of social protection programming is highly desired.
- Excellent communication, Planning, Organizing and teamwork skills
- Excellent Analysing skills
- Native Arabic speaker with professional fluency skills in English language.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.