Business Operations Specialist
Arizona State University
Business Operations Specialist
The School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies seeks a highly motivated, organized Business Operations Specialist to join our Business Office. Under the supervision of the Business Operations Manager, the position manages the SHPRS Front Desk, requiring excellent communication skills both verbal and writing. The position also manages travel, inventory control, supply orders, reimbursements, and other duties as assigned. The successful candidate will have a thorough knowledge of ASU business policies and procedures, and ensure high quality service is delivered to internal and external customers. The duties require a high level of attention to detail, initiative, organization, discretion, and self-management.
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
$48,000 – $57,000 per year; DOE
- Manage Travel Processing in Concur for SHPRS– including but not limited to the processing of travel requests, expense reports and reconciling travel account. Informs the faculty and staff of all procedural changes. Run travel reports regularly, sending reminders to faculty, staff, and students.
- Supervise, monitor, and coordinate Front Desk student workers duties and responsibilities.
- Manage SHPRS Front Desk; greet visitors, answer phones, respond to inquiries regarding general SHPRS information, relays inquiries, and makes necessary adjustments of a non-routine nature.
- Inventory control – manage inventory of office supplies, computers, equipment, keys – ensures adherence to policy and procedure and monitors/checks for accuracy and coordinates surplus transfers as needed.
- Process purchase of supplies, computers, and equipment, books, and miscellaneous items with use of PCard and other purchasing documents in Workday in accordance with established procurement and financial policies. Gather information for security reviews for technology purchases.
- Process faculty and staff reimbursements in accordance with established procurement and financial policies.
- Mange department receivables/deposits.
- Reconcile Biweekly Payroll, and Compensation reports per pay period.
- Mail Room – receive and distribute mail, manage FedEx Shipments, pull invoices, assist faculty with various shipments.
- Coordinate projects such as departmental space survey and manages faculty office moves and new faculty move-ins. Manages ISSAC and issuance and collection of keys.
- Act as primary contact for outside vendors which include but is not limited to Quench, Olympus and other ASU departments which includes but is not limited to FacMan, mail services, lock shop, and UTO.
- Assist Business Operations Manager with updating SHPRS Handbook – recommends new or revised department policies and procedures; coordinates and implements approved changes in policies and procedures affecting assigned function.
- Assist with scholarship data entry and payroll as needed.
- Back up support for management of student worker hiring process in Kenexa Brassring – open, additional, and waiver hires.
- Participate in special projects with staff as directed, such as SHPRS events, lecturers, job talks, and ASU Vita. Conference rooms and technical support back-up as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Seven (7) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience using Concur (or similar) travel system for travel requests and expense reports
- Experience in Workday preferred, and knowledge of Zoom, Microsoft Office applications, and Adobe Pro
- Evidence of effective communication
- Experience working in a high-volume, fast paced environment meeting set deadlines
- Experience in maintaining and reconciling accounting and financial records, and inventory management
- Experience supervising, coordinating, and establishing priorities for student workers
- Experience of quality customer service standards, methods and practices
- Understanding and resolving problems efficiently and within set timeframe
- Experience working effectively with diverse groups of people both internal and external to the university
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of walking moderate distances to perform work, sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse; required to stand for varying lengths of time. Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 30 pounds. Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate to perform essential functions. Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
The position is eligible for flexible work option of remote work 2 days of the week after initial training period, subject to approvals per ASU policy.
In 2008, the departments of History, Philosophy and Religious Studies joined together to create the School of Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies (SHPRS), an academic unit of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. We continue to advance Arizona State University’s goals of excellence, access and impact through award winning innovative research and a commitment to supporting students both online and on-campus. As the largest transdisciplinary school in the humanities at ASU, the collaborative environment of talented faculty and students aims to create leaders of change that understand the past, present and future.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 100,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit https://wellness.asu.edu/explore-wellness/body/alcohol-and-drugs/tobacco
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU PD at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/az-resources .
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.