BI Report Developer
University of Oxford
The University of Oxford is a stimulating work environment, which enjoys an international reputation as a world-class centre of excellence. Our research plays a key role in tackling many global challenges, from reducing our carbon emissions to developing vaccines during a pandemic.
This post is one of five new BI Report Developers being appointed to assist the university to gain more from its administrative data. The roles will work alongside data governance and technology workstreams to transform the availability and delivery of data to support planning, decision-making and the University’s digital ambitions.
While you and your team will be based in the Planning and Council Secretariat you will engage with colleagues across Professional Services and have a key role within the University’s Data Strategy Implementation Programme. This programme is investing in data governance and reporting through the creation of a new reporting team, additional resources in data services and by supporting our data and reporting communities.
About the Role
This role offers an exciting opportunity to join a brand-new BI Reporting Team consisting of 5 developers and a team lead. The role offers a unique chance to make a difference across our professional services eg Alumni services, Estates, Finance, Human Resources, Libraries, Research Services and Student Services. You will have an opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of the university’s enterprise data sets; have an appreciation of the workplace context. Our primary reporting tool is Power BI, part of our Office 365 domain, operating alongside a range of other reporting tools including Tableau, Reporting Services and Splash BI.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
• Engage with stakeholders to identify appropriate and necessary data and business intelligence requirements;
• Manage data preparation, and creating and deploying a series of performant, robust and reconciled reports, dashboards and other reporting solutions. You may take the lead on some developments, or be part of a larger project team for others (for examples those which are based on complicated data architecture typically, cross-domain data);
• Contribute to a new Reporting Hub; and
• Develop a culture of continuous improvement, identifying new processes or ways to improve existing data analysis and business intelligence processes.
You will bring with you:
• your knowledge and expertise of handling complex data sets and reporting tools;
• a passion for helping users access data in meaningful and approachable ways;
• ability to help users to define and describe the questions they are seeking to answer; and
• a professional and team working approach.
What We Offer
As an employer, we genuinely care about our employees’ wellbeing and this is reflected in the range of benefits that we offer including:
• An opportunity to work with friendly, talented and collaborative teams across the University.
• Potential to develop your skills and expertise and to establish your career within a university setting.
• Flexible and hybrid working
• An excellent contributory pension scheme
• 38 days annual leave
• A comprehensive range of childcare services
• Family leave schemes
• Cycle loan scheme
• Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
• Membership to a variety of social and sports clubs
You will be required to upload a covering letter/supporting statement, CV and the details of two referees as part of your online application.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 24 November 2023.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place in the week commencing 11 December and will be in person.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.