Associate Director of Organisational Development (Learning and Leadership Development)
University College London
- Ref Number
- Professional Expertise
- Administration and Business Support
- Human Resources Division (C14)
- Working Pattern
- Full time
- See advert text
- Contract Type
- Working Type
- Hybrid (20% – 80% on site)
- Available for Secondment
- Closing Date
UCL has been awarded the University of the Year 2024 by the Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide.
Join UCL’s growing Learning &; Leadership Development Team at a really exciting time and join an institution well – known for our world-class research, teaching and global influence and impact
About Us: University College London (UCL), is London’s Global University, and our Organisational Development (OD) team is on a mission to empower and develop over 16,000 colleagues, spanning academic, research, teaching, and professional services. As a central team within the HR Division, OD plays a pivotal role in ensuring UCL’s 2022-27 strategic plan becomes a resounding success. Our focus is on creating the right learning and talent structures, systems, and processes to enable every member of our diverse community to build critical personal, professional, and leadership skills.
We’re deeply committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion, proudly participating in initiatives like Athena SWAN and Race Equality. Equity of opportunity is not just a goal for us; it’s the foundation of our talent, learning, and leadership development practices.
About the Learning and Leadership Development Team: Our team, nestled within Organisational Development, has an exciting and wide-ranging mandate. We are responsible for all facets of Learning and Leadership Development at UCL. This includes:
• Delivering high-quality blended learning programs and interventions for our valued staff and managers.
• Running eleven annual leadership programs designed for high-potential colleagues.
• Conducting comprehensive inductions for new starters and senior leaders throughout the academic year.
• Provision of an extensive external and internal coaching offer for colleagues
• Offering a robust digital mandatory training portfolio.
• Coordinating vibrant leadership alumni networks.
• Facilitating active and hugely successful Community of Practices involving over 2000 colleagues.
This newly formed team brings together experts in coaching, learning and development, digital learning, and leadership development to cater to the diverse needs of our colleagues. Our aim is to fully support the delivery of UCL’s 2022-27 strategy through empowering and developing our people
About the Role:
We’re excited to announce a newly created leadership role that presents a unique opportunity to shape the future of Learning and Leadership Development for UCL colleagues. This position offers the chance to:
• Strengthen and align our Learning and Leadership initiatives with UCL’s broader strategy.
• Explore innovative ways to scale our development programs using digital enhancements.
• Provide thought leadership and practical solutions for a range of development interventions.
• Demonstrate return on investment (ROI) and showcase the impact on individuals and the
• Partner with a range of amazing UCL colleagues who may be renowned for their world-class research, global influence , teaching ability and impact across a broad range of subjects.
We are looking for a confident and capable leader who can provide strategic guidance to the team. This role emphasizes an integrated and collaborative approach to development, where responsibilities across the team are shared, and everyone learns from each other. Reporting directly to the Director of OD, you will collaborate closely with senior members of the newly formed OD Leadership team. This includes the other Head of OD (Talent), ensuring alignment of learning and leadership development plans with all OD workstreams. You will act as a senior ambassador for the wider OD offerings. As a Grade 10 professional leader at UCL, you will become part of an active and integrated professional services leadership community, encouraging personal and professional development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Developing an integrated organizational-wide learning and development offer aligned with UCL’s 2022-27 strategic plan.
• Thought leadership in learning and development, leadership development approaches, and coaching.
• Provide subject matter expertise for the design and roll out of the new learning management system.
• Data-driven decision-making for program scaling and ROI determination.
• Ensuring an efficient annual Leadership nomination process.
• Being an Ambassador for Learning and Leadership development and raise awareness of available resources and their value.
• Collaborating with UCL EDI to ensure structural equity in all initiatives.
Join us at the forefront of organisational development and make a real difference at UCL:
• Elevate learning quality and accessibility.
• Achieve outstanding NPS scores
• Drive data-informed decisions and share success stories.
• Partner with senior leaders to deliver effective solutions.
• Ensure a robust contracting process with delivery partners.
• Develop a high-performing and integrated team who are eagerly awaiting your arrival.
Ready to embark on this exciting journey with us? Apply now and be a part of shaping the future of learning and leadership development at UCL!
if you possess most of the required skills but are missing some, then we would still welcome your application.
Salary: £75k to £82k
As well as the exciting opportunities this role presents, we also offer some great benefits some of which are below:
• 41 Days holiday (27 days annual leave 8 bank holiday and 6 closure days)
• Additional 5 days’ annual leave purchase scheme
• Defined benefit career average revalued earnings pension scheme (CARE)
•Cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan
•Relocation scheme for certain posts
•Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
•Employee assistance programme: Staff Support Service
•Discounted medical insurance Visit https://www.ucl.ac.uk/work-at-ucl/rewards-and-benefits to find out more.
As London’s Global University, we know diversity fosters creativity and innovation, and we want our community to represent the diversity of the world’s talent. We are committed to equality of opportunity, to being fair and inclusive, and to being a place where we all belong. We therefore particularly encourage applications from candidates who are likely to be underrepresented in UCL’s workforce. These include people from Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds; disabled people; LGBTQI+ people; and for our Grade 9 and 10 roles, women.
Attached documents are available under links. Clicking a document link will initialize its download.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.