Assistant Park Manager
The Royal Parks
Assistant Park Manager
Kensington Gardens and Brompton Cemetery, London (with travel to all parks)
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse
parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across
London. These are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent’s
Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower
Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other iconic green spaces are among the most visited
attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
We are now looking for an Assistant Park Manager to join us on a full-time, permanent basis,
working 36 hours per week. You will participate in a one in four weeks on-call rota, including
on-site attendance at the weekend. There will also be some evening work required.
Salary of £42,201 – £49,953 per annum + on call allowance (£3,256 per annum), depending on
- 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus public holidays, increasing to 29 days after 3 years’
- Pension scheme (3% employee contribution; up to 10% employer contribution)
- Hybrid/agile working options – minimum of four days on-site and one day working from home
- Private medical insurance and healthcare cash plan
- Employee assistance programme and access to mental health first aiders
- Learning and development opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offices in a beautiful location
This is an outstanding opportunity for a landscape management professional with a great
knowledge of horticulture, biodiversity, arboriculture and facilities to join our prestigious
Working at the beating heart of our park operations, you’ll have the chance to deliver a range
of exciting improvements and help us to provide enjoyment and an escape from city life for
Londoners and a host of tourists and visitors.
So, if you want to step into a leading role where you can use your skills and expertise to make
a positive impact on some of London’s most visited and valued spaces, read on and apply today!
As an Assistant Park Manager, you will act as the operational lead for a diverse range of park
management functions across Kensington Gardens and Brompton Cemetery.
Managing a local project portfolio of improvement works, operations and activities, you’ll
oversee horticulture, arboriculture, learning, events and volunteering, ensuring the highest
possible operational standards.
You’ll also manage all aspects of the Landscape Maintenance Contract, ensuring our delivery
partners achieve the best possible value from their services.
You’ll support the delivery of our new vision and strategy, identifying new and creative
opportunities for continual enhancements that benefit people, places and nature.
Additionally, you will:
- Liaise with park contractors and concessionaires
- Manage the Head Gardener(s), Playground Manager and Technical Officer
- Support the delivery of new planting schemes and a programme of routine nature conservation
- Oversee all allotment operations
- Assist with the preparation of budgets and event delivery
To be considered as an Assistant Park Manager, you will need:
- Experience and knowledge of landscape management, including horticulture, biodiversity,
arboriculture and facilities
- Demonstrable experience of using IT packages, including Microsoft Office suite and other
landscape management software
- Line management experience
- To be dependable, resilient and resourceful in an operational crisis, with the ability to act
decisively in potentially variable situations
- Thorough working knowledge of Health and Safety principles and practices
- Excellent communication skills
- A relevant qualification at degree level, e.g., Landscape Management, Horticulture or
equivalent, or possess considerable relevant industry experience
Other organisations may call this role Park Supervisor, Deputy Park Manager, Assistant Premises
Manager, Assistant Operations Manager, Assistant Leisure Manager, or Assistant Landscape
We want to put everyone in the best possible position to succeed and use Recite-me
accessibility software. At the top of the application page, there is an “Accessibility Tools”
button which you can use to complete the application form in a way that works for you. If you
think that you may need more support to complete our application process, please do get in
The Royal Parks is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an
equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from candidates
from all backgrounds. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are interested in this unique opportunity as an Assistant Park Manager, please apply
via the button shown. Successful candidates will be appointed on merit.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those
of an Employment Agency.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.