Assistant Dean – Business
VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested.
|Assistant Dean – Business
|per faculty salary schedule
|Anticipated Start Date
|Brenham, Bryan, Schulenburg, Sealy, RELLIS, Distance Education, Waller
|Extended Open Deadline
Position Summary Information
|Serves as the district Assistant Academic Dean for Accounting, Business and Economics for all Blinn Campuses (Brenham, Bryan, RELLIS, Schulenburg, and Sealy) and provides assistance and leadership to the Academic Dean in developing and maintaining curriculum and programs that respond to service area needs. Additionally, promotes activities, strategies, and processes that prepare students for success while meeting the requirements of all internal and external accreditation entities. Helps lead instructional areas within the BM division in planning, development, implementation, and evaluation.
|1. Ensure that faculty members follow College’s policies and procedures
2. Evaluate full-time and part-time faculty in conjunction with Instructional Dean
3. Participate in meetings and committee assignments to meet College goals
5. Monitor Division’s annual budgets
6. Collaborate with dean, CRT (Curriculum Resource Team), and other stakeholders to develop new or to improve current programs
7. Mediate student conflicts and prepare student reinstatement forms
8. Assist with the interview process, along with the Dean and search committee
9. Maintain Division documentation, files, reports, contracts, etc., including the collection and tracking of syllabi, official certification day rosters, and evaluations
10. Mentor and support new faculty, and work with HR regarding proper documentation and orientation
11. Assist in preparation of semester schedules
12. Oversee faculty absence and substitution reports
13. Support faculty professional development requirements
14. Visit instructors’ classes including off-site locations, as needed
15. Assist the Dean in regular Division meetings
16. Assist Dean and Department Heads in maintaining classroom equipment within the Division
17. Assist Dean in collection of information needed for Division’s strategic plan and program review
18. Assist Division Leadership to assure that all aspects of the Division’s programs comply with the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) policies, SACSCOC accreditation guidelines, as well as other accrediting agency guidelines
19. Assist Dean and work with Department Heads in grade change process, class add/drops, cancellation of classes, and student follow-up/tracking, as required
20. Facilitate a reliable assessment procedure for the division and ensure decisions are implemented, complied, and disseminated
21. Monitor dual-credit classes as applicable
22. Assist with recruitment of faculty and students
23. Assist with designing and implementation of programs to increase student success in relevant course sequences
24. Assist with monitoring recruitment, admission, retention and success of students in relevant Division programs
25. Accept other duties as assigned
|Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Master’s degree with academic credentials in at least one of the assigned supervising areas from a regionally accredited college or university.
Three years of full-time teaching experience at an accredited institution of higher education. Note: Exceptional circumstances of a full-time current faculty member with part-time teaching experiences totaling 3-5 years or more will be reviewed on an individual basis.
Management, leadership, or supervisory experience in a community college, higher education institution, and/or related environment.
Experience in strategic planning, program and/or curriculum design and development, budget planning, or faculty selection and development. The ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
Proven leadership, supervisory and managerial abilities in previous positions and an understanding and commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community college.
Experience in developing and enhancing faculty skills through effective evaluation.
Ability to make timely decisions appropriate to the situation and circumstances. Meet deadlines for assigned reports and projects.
Strong commitment to innovative teaching, active learning, and the use of technology to support the delivery of instruction in all modalities.
Capacity to assess community/student needs and develop responsive programs.
Ability to listen, understand, and respond positively to requests and concerns from employees, students, regulatory agencies, and members of the academic community.
Capability to create a team–oriented climate and build/maintain relationships with compassion and sensitivity – while demonstrating a cooperative, professional attitude.
Ability to interact effectively as a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with others to present information to faculty, academic/campus leaders, and public groups. Foster a collegial work environment and work effectively with a diverse community.
Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Windows software, integrated software systems and related instructional technology.
Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Ability to safeguard sensitive and/or confidential information from intentional or unintentional disclosures.
Ability to travel on a regular basis to all Blinn campuses (Brenham, Bryan, RELLIS, Schulenburg, Sealy and Waller)
|Preferred Experience and Training
|Diverse teaching experiences in higher education.
Knowledge of Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) policies governing colleges and of federal and state laws affecting community colleges, including experience with institutional accreditation processes and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
|Required Degree, License or Certifications
|As required by THECB and SACSCOC specifications for faculty.
|Special Notes To Applicants
|This is a 12 month faculty position.
Position’s campus location depends on departmental organizational layout. Employee will have course reassign time as specified by their instructional dean.
Length of term is 3 years with an initial 6 month performance evaluation and annual evaluations at the end of each academic year.
Employee will continue in position based on evaluations for years 2 and 3. The 3 year term is renewable based on performance evaluations.
Employee will have course reassign time as specified by their instructional dean.
|The College assigns appropriately credentialed faculty members in support of educational quality and the mission of the College, in keeping with Board policy DBA LOCAL-X (Employment Requirements and Restrictions – Credentials and Records: Credentials). College policy is consistent with sound educational practice and SACSCOC guidelines. Primary consideration is given to the highest degree earned in the discipline. Furthermore, Blinn College’s Faculty Credentialing Guidelines table specifies recommended credentials for each rubric within the college’s course inventory. http://www.blinn.edu/academic_affairs/Faculty_Credentialing_Guidelines.pdf
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.