Applied AI Engineer, Generative
We founded Cordial in 2014 on the belief that there should be more humanity and empathy in marketing—both in how brands communicate with their customers and in how technology companies work with brands. We built our company and platform purposefully, driven by a desire to inspire more thoughtful communication and to create experiences that feel more personal and human—for consumers, for the people at the companies we work with, and for Cordial employees. Today, brands like Revolve, Eddie Bauer, Backcountry, L.L. Bean and Purple rely on Cordial to drive revenue growth by sending a better message.
We chose the name Cordial to symbolize how we empower our clients to communicate with their customers, as well as how we do business: with transparency, collaboration, and trust. We’re building a passionate team of individuals willing to learn, grow, and be thoughtfully challenged on a daily basis to continuously improve our product, company, and culture every single day.
- Communicate better than the rest
- Tenacious about the client and the problems we solve for them
- We’re owners and we act like it
- Always #becordial
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious builder to join our team in the role of Applied AI Engineer. In this role, you will be a primary contributor to our suite of AI capabilities within the Cordial platform. You will work to pull in frontier AI work to help our customers be more efficient and leveraged within the platform.
- Be a primary contributor to our AI strategy, helping design and productize machine learning solutions.
- Build and tune models to deliver predictive value to our customers.
- Serve as an expert sounding board on approaches and techniques to derive signals from large datasets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, sales, and marketing, to bring new data science and AI products to market.
- Work in partnership with product management to drive compelling solutions through model and product coordination.
- Stay abreast of the latest frontier work in AI and make technical recommendations to the product organization.
- Partner with product management to prioritize predictive ML initiatives
- 5+ years of software engineering experience.
- A deep curiosity and excitement for where AI and applied AI systems are headed.
- You’ve been playing with generative models since GPT3 and have an opinion on when to tune a model vs when to do context layering through RAG.
- Ability to create and refine prompts for consistent, quality responses.
- An understanding of LangChain, llamaindex or similar.
- Experience tuning models, LLama2, GTP3.5 etc.
- A history of deploying reliable, performant production services.
- 3+ years experience with python
- 2+ years experience with data and ML-adjacent Python libraries (pandas, scikit-learn, etc)
- Experience with OpenAI APIs
- Thorough understanding of AWS
- Experience with Mongo, Elastic, K8s all a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
$150,000.00-$300,000.00 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location. In combination with base salary, Cordial’s compensation package includes equity and bonus, a robust benefit plan (medical/dental/vision/life), 401k match, flexible time off. Additionally, we offer perks such as monthly wellness and cell phone stipends, childcare and continued education yearly reimbursements. We pride ourselves in maintaining a healthy work/life balance, a strong dedication to DE&I efforts, and an overall respectful and open culture!
Please note: In the current environment, Cordial employees are working completely remote and our recruitment process will entail both phone and video Zoom interviews. And if hired, your onboarding will be done remotely. Stay safe!
Cordial is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability status, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cordial is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you’ve begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.