Amazon Fresh Retail Associate
October 13, 2023
Amazon EU SARL (UK Branch) -
Full job description
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) or equivalent diploma
£12 per hour
Full-time Permanent 40hr, Part-time Permanent 20hr and Part-time 20hr 3month Fixed Term Contracts available
Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of their co-workers. We believe that building a culture that is welcoming and inclusive is integral to people doing their best work and is essential to what we can achieve as a company. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds to build a supportive and inclusive workplace. We take steps to ensure our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits to all employees and we will support flexible work and part-time options wherever we can to suit your lifestyle. You can read more about Diversity and inclusion and the benefits we offer at aboutamazon.com
Who are we?
Interested in joining a new exciting venture? Curious to be at the heart of where innovation meets customer obsession? Recently launched in the UK, Amazon Fresh Stores is the first convenience grocery store to offer Just Walk Out Technology in the UK. Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out (JWO) Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from, or returned to the shelves, and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, JWO uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! We are incredibly proud of our selection too. We offer a mix of everyday essentials, local favourites and seasonal items we think you’ll want and love, all at great prices. We’re also excited to offer delicious ready-to-eat and ready-to-heat meals. Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company and we are just getting started. We are looking for people who want to join an ambitious, innovative and customer obsessed program.
Who are you?
As a Retail Associate, you will be the face of Amazon and contribute to a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, integrity, continuous learning, and fun. You will be an integral part of creating a culture in store where yourself and your fellow colleagues are excited to come to work and delivery exemplary customer service. You adhere to and maintain regular and punctual attendance, safety and quality standards and follow standard processes while identifying opportunities for improvement. You are flexible while working in an ambiguous environment with strong attention to detail, possess the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, multi-task, and a commitment to delighting our customers.
What you do
- Act as the point of contact for customers on the shop floor, delivering excellent customer service and always acting with a customer-first mindset when answering customer questions
- Aid in inventory management in store, including managing deliveries, stocking and replenishing products, and using inventory management systems
- Identify and communicate barriers to completing assigned tasks, constantly looking at ways we can improve our processes for a better customer experience
- Take ownership and pride in the appearance and standards within the store, keeping the store as clean and beautiful as it was on Day 1 including stock rotation and resetting shelves
- Work with store leaders to maintain the physical safety and high quality standards of the store, including cleaning of all surfaces and ensuring any safety concerns are effectively communicated
- Work in the food preparation area to prep, package, and label food products of varying temperatures
- Perform additional duties as assigned both individually and as a team, potentially working in environments with varying temperatures
- Maintain and continuously improve knowledge of products, processes, and offers in store in order to give customers accurate and helpful information
- Take a proactive approach to problem solving within store
- Work in a physical environment, which may include activities like lifting (up to 15.5 kg), standing and reaching above your head during your shift
- Work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
Specific location preferences will be collected during the application process.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
London, POST-LON, GBR
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated positive work attitude and leadership skills
- Customer-facing experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT – 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel: +448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel: +3531800851489).
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this posting.