Advanced Practice Provider ( NP//APP)-Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: Emergency Medicine
University of Virginia
Responsible for provision of Advanced Practice Provider services, including assessment and management of patients across all clinical settings, (examples: ambulatory clinic, hospital, assisted living facility, skilled nursing facility/nursing home, ambulatory surgery center, and community settings), within the scope of licensing, training, and credentialing dependent on specialty.
• Works in conjunction with the medical director, administrative management, nursing and other interprofessional team members to facilitate patient care and management throughout the health care system.
• Exercises independent judgment in the assessment, diagnosis and initiation of medical processes and procedures commensurate with training and experience, as credentialed by UVA Health System.
• Performs and documents comprehensive health histories and physical assessments, to include initiation of CPR or other appropriate emergency therapy as needed.
• Formulates diagnoses, identifies problems and health risk profiles, documents and clearly communicates with other members of the health care team.
• Performs, orders, and interprets diagnostic studies, such as x-rays and laboratory tests, in consultation with peers and colleagues.
• Performs procedures within scope of practice and UVA Health System credentialing and privileges.
• Orders medications, treatments and therapies in accordance with Virginia Prescriptive regulations.
• Requests consultation and initiates referrals to other health care providers, including specialists when and if needed.
• Evaluates and analyzes patient responses to the disease process and/or therapeutic, diagnostic interventions.
• Provides information, education and support to patients/families regarding disease processes and treatment plans (diagnostic procedures, medications and treatments), thus facilitating communication between patients/families and the health care team.
• Participates in on-call responsibilities as appropriate and as determined by department or unit.
• Manages patients in accordance with established UVA Medical Center and UVA UPG policies and procedures.
• Reports births, deaths, outbreaks of communicable diseases and other information critical to the patient’s and/or the public’s health as required by legal or governmental authorities, in a timely manner.
• Meets quality standards as determined by the Medical Director and/or UVA Health System.
• May serve on select committees as needed.
• May participate in the clinical experience of students (graduate/post graduate advanced practice, nursing, and medical students), interns, and residents, as appropriate.
• Participates in group, peer and other review activities as requested.
• Prepares and attends to all reports, claims, and correspondence necessary or appropriate to the performance of professional services.
• Promotes the professional practice of the advanced practice group by serving as a clinical resource to nursing, medical and allied health care practitioners.
• Follows policies and procedures, including those of UPG, UVA Medical Center, CMS and other contracted payers with which the entity may contract.
• Accurately assigns Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10), codes.
• Updates practice through continuing education by attending conferences, rounds, reports, lectures, journal clubs and regional/national professional conferences.
• Seeks professional development and growth opportunities that enhance professional practice through formal and informal activities including developing and presenting educational programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned that are commensurate with professional service normally and customarily provided by a licensed independent provider.
Position Compensation Range: –
Education: Graduate of an accredited graduate school of nursing with a master’s degree.
Experience: Prior emergency medicine and/or fellowship preferred.
Licensure: License or license eligible as an Advance Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner) as set forth by the state of Virginia. If Nurse Practitioner, license to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia is required. Must demonstrate and maintain all credentialing and licensing requirements of UVA Health System, the Virginia Board of Medicine or the Virginia Board of Nursing, and appropriate certifying bodies. Current PMHNP required. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required. Current PALS/NRP, as required, specific to position. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) as required, specific to position.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping, reaching (overhead, extensive, and repetitive); Repetitive motion: computer keyboard. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 50 – 100lbs. May be exposed to noise, radiation, radioactive materials, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, i ncluding the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person’s perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.