Administrative & Project Monitoring Coordinator I/II
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks to hire multiple Administrative & Project Monitoring Coordinators I/II to provide logistical and administrative support to Research Fellows on project activities and administrative support on the conduct of work in the Poverty, Gender and Inclusion Unit. This is a full-time, one-year, exempt, renewable appointment based at IFPRI’s Washington, D.C. office.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists preparation of project/program budgets. Monitors project budgets, including collaborator and donor-approved budget expenditures, and subcontracts
- Processes and tracks expenditures of the project/program against budgets
- Drafts, and monitors contracts for collaborators and services
- Maintains project reports and deliverables
- Prepares travel expense and field reports, and internal project/program financial reports
- Processes requests for collaborator fees and expenses
- Monitors and assures timely submission of reports and technical deliverables to donors
- Monitors collaborator deliverables
- Drafts routine administrative correspondence. Edits and/or transcribes reports, manuscripts, proposals and other documents as needed
- Provides logistical coordination of project activities
- Makes travel, hotel and office arrangement for visitors; assists in coordinating visa applications, requests for itineraries, issuance of air and/or train tickets, and cash advances/honoraria. Coordinate with Travel Office and Accounting for processing travel requests
- Makes travel arrangements for staff
- Maintains calendars and provides logistical support for visitors (including office/hotel reservations, office keys, access to IFPRI facilities
- Schedules appointments, meetings and other events, including conferences, brown bag seminars, presentations, teleconferences, and catering
- Prepares/tapes/transcribes minutes of meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- At the APMC I level, bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience or Associate’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience.
o At the APMC II level, bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience or Associate’s degree plus 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in monitoring budget processes, reviewing accounting transactions, developing financial projections and reports.
- Demonstrated experience providing logistical coordination for complex overseas projects, encompassing multiple sub-contracts
- Demonstrated experience in handling confidential matters
- Solid composition, grammar and proof-reading skills, with the ability to compose correspondence and reports; excellent written and oral English communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint); word processing & spreadsheet programs required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks & prioritize tasks with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort in working with multiple program managers simultaneously. Ability to prioritize and coordinate tasks within a multicultural team environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility to adjust to multiple individual work
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail and follow through to closure.
- Ability to work with overseas partners in a multicultural environment.
- Familiarity with IFPRI’s operational systems (finance, accounting, etc.) and the CGIAR system is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in a second language of the U.N. system.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time.
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
IFPRI Washington D.C has a hybrid work environment that allows staff members a minimum of two days in-office work and three days remote work.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer – F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.