Job Title: Accounts Manager
Role Location: Abuja, Nigeria with national/regional travel
Reporting: Director of Finance and Operations
Programme: PLANE (PARTNERSHIP FOR LEARNING FOR ALL IN NIGERIAN)
Contract Type: Full Time
Nigeria PLANE is a 7 year, £95m programme funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and represents one window of intervention in a broader package of investment intended to enable a more inclusive and effective basic education system. It seeks to do this through improvements made in teaching and learning with a focus on foundational skills in reading, writing and mathematics.
It has four primary outputs: (i) Teaching & Learning: Evidence-based teaching and learning approaches & materials in use, in better managed performance focused schools and teaching colleges; (ii) Governance of state systems: Improved planning, personnel management and public financial management practices; (iii) Governance of non-state systems: Improved management and performance of the non-state sector; and (iv) Use of Evidence and Communication: Effective generation, communication and use of evidence to inform citizen engagement and improve service delivery. PLANE will work in Kano, Kaduna and Jigawa, the South West, South East, and the federal capital territory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounts Manager will report to the Director Finance and Operations and will be responsible for the following functions:
- Coordination of payment processes and monthly bank and cash reconciliations
- Maintain accurate and complete accounting records and audit information
- Maintain cost-share records with implementing partners
- Manage the account payable ledger, and ensure prompt and correct payments to third parties
- Supervise and ensure proper recording of project assets, including proper tagging of same
Control & Compliance:
- Audit all invoices against relevant back-up documents before presenting same for payment authorization/approval
- Coordinating External audits and ensuring they are efficient and effective
- Developing and maintaining compliance review strategies, plans, initiatives, and processes
- Ensuring all reports adhere to accounting standards, rules, regulations, local filing requirements, and accounting best practices
- Ensuring compliance with all financial management policies put in place by management
- Ensuring compliance with CIT, VAT, transfer pricing reporting requirements, and other local taxes
- Preparing statements of accounting policies for the audited financials in compliance with the IFRS
- Supervising audits of processes and controls. Also ensuring conclusions are accurate, complete, and discussed with management promptly
- Ensuring effective working of the organization’s financial system software
- Lead the Finance Team across all project offices
- Manage the program’s cashflows and ensure funds are requested from DAI in a manner devoid of both cash-outs and cash pileups
- Provide the wider PLANE team with reliable timely financial information and analysis of project finances with recommendations for actions
- Providing pricing support to the business development unit
- Supervising projects’ financial management start-up and close-out
- Support Finance and Admin Officers at both state and Country Office levels
Reconciliations & Reporting:
- Investigating and reporting on adverse/ unusual trends
- Preparing and reviewing of Monthly Field Expense Reports for all locations cash and bank accounts
- Preparing and presenting monthly financial reports for the Nigerian management and the global office
- Preparing and submitting periodic cash forecasts to the global office
- 10 years of previous work experience
- Degree in Accounting
- Professional qualification (ACA or ACCA) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of working on FCDO-funded programmes
- Knowledge of quick books
- Good understanding of financial management systems and approaches
- Excel skills
- Understand statutory requirements in Nigeria.
How to apply
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Qualified candidates should please send their CV and cover letter to [email protected] by the 20th October 2023 using the Job Title as the subject of the email. Applications from women, people with disabilities and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
More information about DAI can be found on the DAI website; www.dai.com