University of Michigan
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
What You’ll Do
- Report to the Financial Manager in AEC Project Controls.
- Review statements of account for AEC operating accounts. Investigate the details of a charge when in question. Process journal entries to re-account/transfer a charge. Identify any potential issues and notify supervisor. Process service unit billings (SUBs), run ad-hoc queries/reports for operating accounts.
- Process purchase order requests >$10k for Construction Services unit, review and obtain proper approvals for invoices that are on the Operating Budget Analyst’s worklist. Spot check packing slips have been uploaded into work order system. Run ad-hoc queries/reports.
- Process invoices, and other project supporting documents for Project Controls Office, and provide general assistance to staff for project-related tasks.
- Create new and revised existing department operating procedures. Assist department with other related procedures manual revisions.
- General office tasks within AEC, such as data entry (adding misc suppliers to data table, adding/updating approval dates submissions), and review of auto-generated reports.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Why Work at Michigan?
Being part of something greater, of serving a larger mission of discovery and care, that’s the heart of what drives people to work at Michigan. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. It’s adding a purpose to your profession. Work at Michigan and become a victor for the greater good.
- High school education or equivalent, and knowledge of accounting procedures.
- Minimum of 3 years accounting office experience.
- Proficiency in Google applications, MS Excel and MS Word.
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off, including family care, maternity and paternal leaves.
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care expenses
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (jobs-near-me.eu) you saw this job posting.